Ashley Chen's Reviews > Vestige

Vestige by Deb Hanrahan

Jul 30, 12

bookshelves: blog-tour, must-review
Read from July 29 to 30, 2012

Wow! I seriously fell hard for the synopsis of the book, didn't you. I really had high hopes for this book.

The book was fast paced with danger and suspense. And like Eden's Root by Rachel Fisher, it was so shockingly possible for us. It was scary how familiar many of the things in the book were in real life. Everything seemed possible, a true rapture story. The plot was just attention grabbing. There were tension and suspense throughout the book. But I do have to say, and kind of contradict myself by saying, the story can be predictable if I think about it.

As some of you might know I am not religious and am not very "educated" in religion. The book mentions the bible and at times I didn't make any connection but it was interesting for me to understand the connection.

Before I go into talking about the characters, I have to say, I love male main characters and guess what? Vestige has a main male character. Woot! Micah was such a great character. He acted like a true teenager and didn't sound like the author had to fake his personality. He was also very real and relatable. By having this book written in different POVs, I got to see many of the characters' back stories. Some of the back stories I felt they were lacking with certain details but that wasn't a big deal (perhaps we will learn more detail in the sequel?). But one con about the muti POVs was that it reminded me of you know the TV show Heroes. It got I don't know, too much at times.

Oh yeah! The book had a cliffhanger! (Torture!)

Overall this was a great book, can't wait for the second book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vestige.

07/29/2012 page 1
0.0% "This really sounds like a promising book." 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new) - added it

Justin Ooh! I'd ljke to read this but it's not in my library (yet). Hopefully they get it! :D