Esmeralda 's Reviews > The Evolution of Mara Dyer

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Nov 12, 12

Before reading:
OH MY FREAKING GOD THE COVER IS SO PREEETTTTYYYY. (NOT SURE IF I SHOULD FAINT OR CRY)
WHY CAN'T THE BOOK COME OUT ALREALLY!!!!! I NEED IT, WANT IT, CRAVE IT. GAVE IT TO ME, GAVE IT ME HERE, GAVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!!!!
Waiting for this book to come out.

After reading:

The writing beautiful and haunting. The author has talent. However, Noah was just too much. Before All the Noah fangirls come with with torches and pitchforks. I will explain. Mara at some point believes she is crazy. We as the reader at one point or another start to believe that. It is a big handicap for the main character. Instead of trying to find out of a solution by herself, or research or something. Basically what I am trying to say is Did Noah really had to hold her hand all the time. Mara thinks that she is being stalker, Noah automatically comes and fixs it. Mara has a problem, Noah automatically fixs it with his money or something. The communication between them is good. But can't Mara do something other than wait for Noah. Big disappointment, it's good.Noah is an interesting character. It just left wanting more. Hopefully the next book is better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Evolution of Mara Dyer.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Aqsa Raffe Pooky Bear SAME HERE!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED NOAH! <333

Becca MUST. HAVE. MARA DYER!!!! MUST. HAVE. NOAH!!!! NEED. BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esmeralda To bad that we have to wait solong.

Esmeralda Not solong, I meant so long.

Gwen THEORIES?? What do you think is going to happen? WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?

message 6: by Esmeralda (last edited Jun 17, 2012 10:25PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Esmeralda somehow I think one of the brothers are going to get involved, most liking the younger one the one Noah helped save or the one who got out of school. Noah has to be in it.To be honest the ending of the first book really surprised me, I am kinda good at predicting the ending but this one really shocked me. thatis what made the book so good they reported no survivers just the main character, so I don't know. the guy coming back from the die. maybe? But not likely. Hopely the voohoo doctor or whatever the guy was that charaged Noah $5000 dollars for the drink is find and the gifts the main characters have are explained. I really want to meet Noah's dad (Daddy Warbills). Your ideas?

Becca I think Jude is some kind of person like Noah and Mara, and had something to do withthe death Maras two other friends, as screwed up as that is since one of them was his sister.. Agrred, one of the brothers is going to get involved, and something will go wrong in the field. I so anxious for the book, its driving me crazy to know what happens next. If theres a third one and we have to wait longer, I will lose my mind with anticipation.

Esmeralda I never thought of that. What kind of gift does he have I wonder? And yes, we will all go insane if there is a third. imagine if there is a fourth?!

Becca I dont even want to think about that. the wait will be impossible.

message 10: by Gwen (last edited Aug 06, 2012 11:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gwen I have been reading every teaser I can get my hands on so this is what I think so far:

- Mara's grandmother has something to do with what is happening to her.
- Jude is definitely alive somehow but no one believes Mara about this.
- Mara is afraid that if she kisses Noah, he'll die (maybe this is what she's afraid of in the excerpt scene??)

I just really really hope she doesn't break up w/ him. That's all I want!

There is going to be a third book! AHHH!!!

Becca Theres a third?!? whats it called????

Esmeralda It's called The Retribution of Mara Dyer, comes out on 2013

Becca Jeezum, its like they WANT to torture us

Esmeralda I don't know if you read it yet. But on the website there is the scene when mara and noah met from his point of view. Also a hot teaser of the second one.