Kristy's Reviews > The Golden Lily

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead

May 07, 12

bookshelves: i-think-you-should-read-this, supernatural
Read in May, 2012

Well, first things first.... for those of you who have not read Bloodlines, I highly suggest you remedy that situation. Now onto this lovely little book....

well actually I'm going to praise Mead for a moment. Seriously, she knows how to play me like a fiddle. She creates such likeable characters and she manages to suck me into their world everytime. If I had created my un-put-downable shelf like I said I was going to (i know I need to get on that) everything I have read of hers would go on it. Her writing style is very fast paced, smooth and easy to understand.... But, don't take that for being written down/dumb, she just knows what works. Yes, I know I am fangirling! She deserves it though.

I digress.

Golden Lily picks up where Bloodlines left off (with just enough recap to be helpful, not annoying.... anybody else go insane when authors bog down series books with past moments??!!?!?!?) but gives us a suprise right of the bat with Sydney going to "visit" Keith. WOW! I can't lie, I wanted more Adrian/Sydney time and I am hyperventellating over that ending. Holy smokes, when does #3 come out?????? Again, Mead is a freaking evil genius!

Also, I have to say that I enjoyed this book #2 more so than the first book..... I know, that should tell you something. Lily didn't feel like a bridge book, it just felt good in all the right ways.... wow, that sounds kind of kinky, I totes didn't mean it that way. Bahahahaha. I am trying to praise this book. I loved it. I am in shock. And, good lord have mercy, I am in love with Adrain. <3

And, dear sweet Sydney, please give into your magical self and to Adrain.... just let go girl!!!

4.5 wonderful, awesome stars

Read this series!

Also, you really don't have to read all the Vampire Academy books to understand this one.... There are a few moments you might wander exactly what's going on and they would help, but they are not 100% neccessary, but I do suggest them as well :)

I
I've got some Mad Mead love!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Golden Lily.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

♥Rachel♥ Kristy, I love your line: "please give into your magical self and to Adrian...just let go girl!". Couldn't have said it better myself!! I loved this one. (view spoiler). Great review, Kristy. :)

Kristy LOL. Thanks:)

That ending was killer!

Alexa Yay I'm so glad you enjoyed it (& Adrian)!
That ending! So far everyone who has read TGL seems to be OMGing over that ending. ;D hehe Wish we knew the release date for book 3. Need now!

♥Rachel♥ Oh I know. (view spoiler)

Kristy @Alexa, I am about to become a R MEAD webpage stalker!!!

@ Rachel: I am worried for S & A as well....I hope she can get out of the re-education somehow, I really don't want to have a long process that takes us back to square one with Sydney!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Look at us speculating on book #3 and the release date isn't even out yet!!LOL!

~Tina~ Love the review Kristy!! That ending had me tearing out my hair! So evil for leaving us hanging there.
I can't wait till book three!!

Kristy evil freaking genius!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!