K.K.'s Reviews > The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

Jan 07, 12

bookshelves: 2012-book-log
Read from January 06 to 07, 2012

Meh. Ok. Reading this book was more about my personal compulsion to finish something I've started than any real pleasure in the series. The first book was the most compelling (comparatively); things dwindled from there.

Crime, mystery, thriller, plot-driven books are rarely truly offensive, and these books were entertaining enough. However, the last book was more talking and planning and explaining, which made it move slower. This was not what bothered me, however. What bothered me was the forced romance that was injected into the storyline in order to resolve the Blomkvist/Salander relationship. I resent forced romances, because it's clear what the author is failing to do, which generally leaves me feeling insulted [see also: my non-existent review of the Harry Potter series].

Overall, I appreciate being a part of the cultural phenomenon that is this series, but that's probably my primary reason for reading it. So there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.