Carla *Jen7waters*'s Reviews > Wicked as They Come

Wicked as They Come by Delilah S. Dawson

Jan 06, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: steampunk, 2012-read, did-nothing-for-my-lady-parts, annoying-heroine, love-triangle-goddammit
Read from April 20 to May 05, 2012

Okay, so this one kind of disappointed me, because I was expecting great new things from it and it turned out to be more or less the same paranormal vampire thing – it’s just that in Sang, where the story takes place, vampires are called Bludmen. Fancy.
My main problem with the book was the heroine, she started out okay, but then she just becomes boring, and I gradually stopped caring about her. The love triangle didn’t help (HATE THEM SO FREAKING MUCH) especially because both relationships are not believable. If Letitia likes both men then she needs to explain it to me and show me why exactly. Just telling me over and over that they are both oh so handsome and sexy isn’t enough.
Now, I did like the world of Sang, and especially the circus people who, as I see it, deserved a lot more scenes (or at least one show!). But in the end I can't recommend Wicked As They Come. Sorry.

(Note: the cover is a 5 + 1 stars!!)

* * *

Steampunk Challenge 2012 ~ Book 4 of 12

*PT* Cuidado com o Dálmata

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked as They Come.

04/23/2012 page 130
05/02/2012 page 259
66.0% 4 comments
show 3 hidden updates…

message 1: by Elise (new) - added it

Elise "I also think the villain is just plain stupid, and a 5 year-old could have tricked him." lolol :))

Carla *Jen7waters*
Don't you just hate stupid villains? I like it when they are so evil and have such masterminds that they make me want to hide under the covers, which is so not the case with the bad guy of this book. < _ <