Shweta's Reviews > The Face on the Milk Carton

The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline B. Cooney

This book sat on my shelf for a really long time before I decided to read it. Caroline Cooney's books I have heard of, are of similar themes as this book . First book in the Janie Johnson series was a good place to start with this author.

Janie's quest to find the truth about her past makes up the whole plot. Here she is helped in some ways by her next door neighbor Reeve .The whole feel of the story is based on suspicion so I never got comfortable with it . Call me weird but books which have suspicion as the base plot line never gel well with me. Book begins in a very smooth, all-worked-out way. It is not long before the mystery comes to light.From then on it goes pretty fast.It's like the book is on a fast track and we have no time for all the intros. I think such fast paced mysteries hardly have time for character development not that it would be necessary .

The parents in the book didn't make me feel secure with all the hiding business going on. But then that's the whole point of the story. :) By the time I reached the last few pages I think there was more irritation rather than satisfaction at the closure ( which btw wasn't really one!) . But that could be just me.

Over all the book was an ok read. As for not giving out much in this review , I think the whole point of mystery lies letting others read and analyze it. If any of you has read this book , I would love to hear your thoughts on it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Face on the Milk Carton.