Shweta's Reviews > The Mango Season

The Mango Season by Amulya Malladi

Jan 06, 12

I own a copy

With such a blurb how could I resist myself from reading this book ? Indian girl engaged to an American guy , all set to break the news to her family back home. Could it get any better than this ? It does. Amulya Malladi's Mango Season is just as it promises to be. It's funny , smart and a delightful book.

Female readers will instantly connect to Priya , the protagonist who knows her family too well to understand that breaking this news to them isn't as easy as her fiancée Nick thinks. Though at times I did find her a little laid back in her attempt to tell them the truth she was a very believable character. It is totally understandable that she wants to avoid all the drama that'll follow once she tells them whom she plans to marry and that he isn't a ' Nice Indian Boy ' but a 'Nice American Man' :)

Loved every bit of this book. Without being preachy Amulya Malladi brings out the prejudices of Indian Society while retaining humor and the sensibilities . A wonderful read for lovers of contemporary fiction.

Source : Personal Copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mango Season.