Savannah's Reviews > Welcome to Bordertown

Welcome to Bordertown by Holly Black

Jan 19, 12

bookshelves: coming-of-age, faerie, families, fantasy, fiction, friendship, librarybook, supernatural
Read from January 11 to 18, 2012

I took my time and really savored this book because it's just about my favorite kind of stories. Despite the wide range of authors and styles, there was really only one real dud and that one just too laughably over the top in presenting what isn't a bad kernel of an idea at all (Cory: you'd be more bearable if you didn't try so very hard). I love how one place holds its identity through all of the details different authors offer, and I love its patchwork nature. Feral houses and a place that is only there if you're found to need it, a place that celebrates music and art and life in the tatters: how can this not be delightful to read about? It'll probably put off those who don't pick up fantasy and it's sort of a shame because I think this would appeal to more than will find it. Although I put this in the adult fiction section, I am so going to talk this up to the teens because they'll love it and there's nothing there that is too risque for them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Welcome to Bordertown.