Rebecca 's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

May 09, 14

bookshelves: 2012
Read from June 29 to 30, 2012

Hazel’s a spectacular protagonist. Even though I can't relate with her situation, I can relate with her as a person. In fact, I lost count of how many times I nodded my head in agreement with the things she said. With his gorgeous blue eyes, charm and quirky personality, Augustus Waters is heavenly. He and Hazel made a lovely couple; watching their relationship evolve was beautiful to read about.

This is not a good book to read at night. Not because it’s scary or creepy but because when you put it down for the night and attempt to go to bed it will keep you wide awake and have you tossing and turning. Well, at least that’s what happened with me. This isn’t just a book you can just switch off. Once you start reading The Fault in Our Stars, you become a part of it, there’s no going back.

My only complaint is you that some of the language was a bit over the top and felt unnatural; to be honest, I had some trouble comprehending some of the speech that was used. I understand that Hazel and Gus are intelligent and wise for their years but it felt disbelieving that a 16 and 17 year old were using this kind of language.

In reviews I've read, everyone says they sobbed their eyes out and whilst it was heartbreaking to read and I did shed a few tears I didn’t cry nearly as much as I originally thought I would.

Deep, meaningful and gorgeously written, this was my first experience reading John Green but I guarantee you it won’t be my last.

Quotes Rebecca Liked

John Green
“As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”
John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

06/29/2012 "This is amazing. SO SO SO GOOD."

Amy (Following the Reader) IIIII LOOOVED this book!!!!

Rebecca I LOVED this book too but for some strange reason, my feelings aren't that strong compared to when I originally wrote this review over a month ago. I cut quite a few things out just now because even though I felt it back then and I'm sure I would if I revisted feelings and love for this book have started to fade. It's so sad :(

Amy (Following the Reader) nooo :( that is sad. I don't feel the same love for this book as I did Looking for Alaska, but I still really enjoyed it.

Rebecca So sad :( Ooh, I've got Looking for Alaska on my shelf! After loving TFIOS, I'm really excited to read it :)

Amy (Following the Reader) LFA is amaazzzinggg. I hope you love it!!!!