Kim's Reviews > Where She Went

Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Jan 20, 12

bookshelves: whiny-women-brainless-bimbos, made-me-puke

A really disappointing follow-up for a mildly promising book. The storyline is so mediocre, even good execution couldn't save it. Though to me, there is technically NO storyline, the characters wallow in the past (in the first book), it is just a recount of the first book from the guy, Adam's perspective. This time, added to the retold plot is the most pathetic life of Adam's. I would have sympathised, but what can I say? "Adam dear, I don't mean to be rude, but I think it's all your doing."
Not to say Mia's life is perfect either, I think. There is much anguish, much tug-of-war-ish not-letting-go (which becomes really, really irritating by page two), and much blaming of each other between Mia and Adam. Sure, everything ended on a sweet note, (with much of that overrated making out and all which is really stupid), by an apology from both sides that, to me, was three years too late.
I'm sorry if this will lead to a declaration of war with fans of this book, but i don't see the reason behind all the hype from this book. Believe me, I'd love to read a good book. And I was really, really disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where She Went.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kimmy Are you sure it's good? I saw this a long time ago. Do I have to read the 1st book of the series before reading this? You read it first then tell me about it.