Jess (Gone with the Words)'s Reviews > Bloodrose

bookshelves: young-adult, read-2012, autographed
Read from January 05 to 08, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Read this review on my blog! --> Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer

Dear Andrea Cremer,

From the moment I read Nightshade, I knew you had created a completely new take on werewolves that was going to be epic. Because it’s not just about wolves...it’s full of magic and adventure and sacrifice and heartache. It’s the kind of story that takes incredible skill and imagination to bring to life and you delivered that in this series.

Not only that, but you created characters that I came to feel so very strongly for. I felt like I was part of this group of brave people, like they were my friends. Anytime I lost one, I grieved...and I grieved a lot in these three books! I But the fact that I felt anything that strongly just speaks again of your incredible talent.

Bloodrose had me on the edge of my seat quest after quest. It was such an incredible journey each time they went to retrieve part of the cross. It made me want to be there, fighting with them! And I never say that about any story….seriously! Never. I’m perfectly content cheering on my favorite characters on their quests from the comfort of my bed, but I wanted to join this group so badly! Though if I did I’m pretty sure I’d be the first casualty, lol.

When it came time for the final battle, I braced myself. I thought I was prepared for what I suspected would happen, but I was kidding myself. I never imagined how much it would hurt to see THAT fall. I had to put the book down and I cried for about five minutes. After my pity party and some talking myself down from the ledge, I understood why it had to happen...my only gripe is the how. I feel he deserved a better way. *sigh* I’m ok though…no worries. What really surprised me was the rest of it. I did not anticipate the outcome for the pack, but it is so, so fitting, and it left me with such a bittersweet feeling. I may have cried a little more…but this time, they were tears of joy for them.

It is with that feeling upon finishing Bloodrose that I write this letter to you...to say outstanding job. You’ve made a lifelong fan out of me. :)

Sincerely,

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodrose.

01/07/2012 page 148
36.0% "I vote for more steamy shower scenes in books...RAWR!" 1 comment
01/08/2012 page 187
46.0% "I wish everyone would stop being mean to Silas! *hugs him*"
01/08/2012 page 197
49.0% "What?! Not my Silas!!! I love you, punk rock nerd! :'("
01/08/2012 page 339
83.0% "My heart = shredded *sobs*"
01/08/2012 page 406
100.0% "Bittersweet endings always affect me the most...my poor heart!"
show 1 hidden update…