Mahlet's Reviews > Prince of Ice

Feb 25, 09

bookshelves: erotic-romance, own, series
Recommended to Mahlet by: Laura Stamps
Read in February, 2009

I primarily read this book to get the backstory for Prince Pahndir from "Demon Fire", Book 3 in this series. Although he was only in the beginning and end of this book, he was still my favorite character.

In this demon world, a yama/demon will know it has found it's mate when his eyes go black with lust. Displays of emotion are looked down upon. Royals are under extreme pressure to keep the blood lines pure and not mix with any humans, or yama of a lower class. When young Xishi gets around her playment Price Corum (Prince of Ice), his eyes go black. It's not longer before his nanny and mother notice, so Xishi is sent away to an orphanage where she is ostrazied. There's something special about Xishi's energy and aura that brings about emotional reactions, so other children keep their distance. Fortunately, this is just what Madame Fagin needs in her next prostitute-in-training/pillow girl/courtesan.

Madame Fagin signs up Xishi to receive training in her exclusive Purple Crane Pillow House - a training ground for young men and women, and a favored choice for royals looking for some side action. Unfortunately for yama, a mate match doesn't necessarily mean a love match - so pillow girls and boys are acceptable and the norm in royal relationships. There, Xishi meets yummy Prince Pahndir, who is a forced prisoner and training subject used by Madame Fagin. His mate is dead, his family has let everything think he's dead, and he's being sexually tortured by Madame Fagin's students! Even Prince Pahndir can't resist Xishi's chi, and she treats him with kindness, so a friendly slighlty erotic relationship ensues.

Xishi and Prince Corum reconnect after years apart when he pays a visit to the Pillow House and purchases Xishi. The young lovers face many obstacles - Prince is torn and slightly ashamed about his strong feelings for Xishi, who he thinks is just a pillow girl (she's got some secrets even SHE doesn't know about), he's jealous about Xishi's past relationship with Prince Pahndir and current fixation with getting him free from Madame Fagin's grip, and there are royals plotting to kill them!

I enjoyed this, but I did get distracted and read a few books while in progress with it. I think I'll like Demon Fire even better since it's all about Prince Pahndir :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prince of Ice.

12/26/2008 page 151
51.36% "The courtesan storyline reminds me of some Asian films I've watched, as does the beautiful setting, the Forbidden City. Hot Hot so far!"
12/29/2008 page 201
68.37% "Loving it! His sexual "heat" is over. I hope he doesn't slow down TOO much :) He's disgusted with himself for wanting Xishi so desperately."
02/18/2009 page 230
78.23% "caught off guard by the hero growing a special appendage in the middle of mating...kind of freaky :("

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Heather After this, read Demons Fire... it is the next one and its sooooo hot! ;D One of my favorites...seriously!

H

Mahlet Definitely! Hell, I'm only reading this one to GET to Demon Fire :) Keep reading comments on the hot prince!

Heather Yea- IMO you dont HAVE to read this to get to Demons Fire... but this is a great book too and Prince Pahndirs story starts in this book, so its better to have his background. You will love this one too! Trust me ;)

H

Mahlet I'm all for anything to more fully enjoy my "experience" with the Price - lol!

This is great news, because my library carries this book (#2) and Demon Fire (#3), with no wait list, YAY! but not The Demon's Daughter (#1)...I think I'll read the freebies, and catch The Demon's Daughter whenever I get lucky at my used bookstore~

Heather You dont need to read Demons Daughter... but read Prince of Ice then Demons Fire. I cant wait! Let me know asap! ;)

H

Sharon so jealous - I can't find Demons Fire at any of my libraries!!! Although I should probably pace myself on Emma Holly so I can look forward to it!

Mahlet Sharon, for once, my puny cincinnati library has something that Ohio Link doesn't! I'm still trying to tap into that system :) I haven't given up

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura I'm so glad you liked it! As you know "Demon's Fire" is my all-time fav erotica novel. I am sooooo in love with Prince Pahndir! You will love how he recovers from the awful stuff that happened to him in "Prince of Ice." Can't wait to hear what you think about it after you read it!

I so LOVE that long, black, waist-length Yama hair on the men. Yummy!

xoxo
Laura Stamps
Author of Erotica and Paranormal Romance Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (excerpts from all of my novels)
http://laura-stamps8.livejournal.com (my naughty Author Blog/updated daily)

Mahlet LOL! I know how you are with those long, black-haired hunks! :) Yea, I'll definitely let you know how I like it.