Vanessa's Reviews > Here We Go Again: My Life In Television

Jan 05, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: female-memoirs
Read in May, 2012

This memoir focuses on Betty White's experience working on television. It is not the book to read if you are interested in a general memoir about White's life. Because she has been on so many beloved television programs, there is tons of good material to fill a book with. The best part about the book is all of the information about the earliest years of television. This is the part of her life that White goes into the most detail about, and the first chapters are full of information that I had never heard before.

My main disappointment is that the book does not describe all parts of Betty's career equally. Her first years working in television are covered in much more detail than her experiences working on shows that I am much more familiar with like The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Carrol Burnett Show, Mama's Family, and The Golden Girls. She talks about her experiences on these shows in varying amounts of detail, but in every case, the sections on these shows were pretty slim. It is especially noticeable in the section about The Golden Girls, which focuses on more negative than happy memories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Here We Go Again.