Jody's Reviews > Forever Mine

Forever Mine by Elizabeth Reyes

Jan 30, 12

bookshelves: ya, romance, favorite-series, favorite-authors
Read from January 29 to 30, 2012

I picked up Forever Mine after being in a bit of a reading rut for paranormal romance. It was just what I needed. I was immediately drawn into the world of Sarah moving in with her aunt because her Mom has to go to jail. Sarah was easy to identify with and I really enjoyed the fact that she wasn't necessarily outcast or picked on. Sarah easily found her niche and although vulnerable, she seems to be sweet and strong. Angel is a bit of the perfect boyfriend. His is definitely crush worthy. The story line was natural and realistic for me. I enjoyed being able to gain insight into both Sarah and Angel's feelings through an alternating POV.

After Sarah has to move in with an Aunt's family while her mother serves time in jail, she meets Angel at a high school party. Angel is struck by her beautiful green eyes and immediately wants to get to know her. As soon as they begin talking, the chemistry is instant and the romance builds. Angel immediately asks to see Sarah the next day. Sarah and Angel's romance begins to build into a sweet exclusive deep first love. Angel is protective and slightly Alpha Male when it comes to Sarah. Previously reviews have pointed out the posessive nature as being borderline abusive. However, I feel the author does a great job of explaining the fine line of difference between protectiveness and posessiveness. I really feel Angel doesn't take it too far.

I highly recommend this book for any romance fans! I loved Angel and Sarah and sure this will book I revisit in the future.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever Mine.

Quotes Jody Liked

Elizabeth Reyes
“What?” Eric shook his head. “Angel Moreno is into talking to chicks now? When did you turn into a total wuss?"

Angel shrugged, and took another bite of his food.

He avoided looking at Eric; suddenly not sure he wanted to talk about it. “I don’t know, dude, she’s just cool to hang with, I guess.”

Eric nodded, as if he got it. “So, you’re not into her? I thought she was pretty hot.”

“I’m into her, you ass, just ‘cause I didn’t bone her the first night. Not all girls are like that, you know.”

Eric grinned. “So, you did get shot down.”
Elizabeth Reyes, Forever Mine

Elizabeth Reyes
“His heart still hammered away but he was strangely relieved. "Stop saying that, Sarah. You have nothing to be sorry about. This is my fault and intend on fixing it. But I won't let you back out now, sweetheart. I can't. It may not be too late for you but there's no turning back for me."

~Angel~