Melissa's Reviews > The Zero Game

The Zero Game by Brad Meltzer

Jan 23, 12

bookshelves: political-suspense
Read from January 04 to 09, 2012

I don't know, I wanted this to be so much better than it was. Two staffers, bored with their jobs join a game being played in Washington. No one truly knows who's playing the game, just the person who sponsored you and the one you sponsor. Bets placed on mundane or small matters definitly keep you more interested in the day to day of your job in Washington. Especially the curiosity about who else is playing. Could that sentor being playing, is he too involved in the outcome of this vote? That staffer is really pushing hard on this bill . . . could they be playing the game?

Turns out, this book really isn't about the game. The plot morphs away from the game and into conspiracy and running from an assasin and while this ought to have been a great book, something kept me from thinking that it was a great book. I can't quite put my finger on it though.

I will admit, it kept me intrigued and I didn't have any problem choosing to read rather than do something else - like say dishes or laundry - so it wasn't that bad. Can I actually say 2.5 cause 3 is too much but 2, too little.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Zero Game.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Luan Yep. Also read. Also disappointed. Haven't read any more of his books. Have you? Any you liked?

Melissa Luan wrote: "Yep. Also read. Also disappointed. Haven't read any more of his books. Have you? Any you liked?"

I read The Book of Fates - I think. I reread the back but nothing was familiar. I read a few reviews, still nothing sounded familiar. I belive it was an airport book purchased because the back review sounded like it was going to be a Dan Brown style book about the Masons . . . my only memory was that this was not the case. At any rate, I guess I read it, I never put a book down, but I surely don't have any recollection of the plot - must not have been too gripping.