Ava Oceana's Reviews > City of Lost Souls

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

U 50x66
Apr 13, 2013

liked it
bookshelves: three-stars, paranormal-romance-fiction, owned, guilty-pleasures, young-adult, paper-copy
Read from May 09 to 11, 2012 — I own a copy

39 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Lost Souls.

05/09/2012 page 1
0.0% "Starting the Epic Chronicles of an Emo Boy now."
05/10/2012 page 100
19.0% "Another reason why when Jace isn't saying something perverted and hilarious, I dislike him."
05/10/2012 page 240
45.0% "I have the most terrible feeling that Brother Z (that's what I call him) is either Jem or Will. Am I the only one?" 1 comment
05/11/2012 page 536
100.0% "No. No no no no no. Oh god, I am so upset right now. Not because the book ended... I'm sure Brother Z is Will or Jem."

message 1: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya ohmygosh O_O ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh...NO. Wait, so that would mean, Jem dies right?! BECAUSE IF JEM DIED I WOULD BE SAD/HEART-BROKEN IF WILL DIES I WOULD WRITE A WILL( no pun intended ;P) WHICH WILL INCLUDE IN IT AN ISTRUCTION TO BURY ME NEXT TO HIS GRAVE AND THEN KILL MYSELF!!!!! >:O!!!

i just went back and read my comment...WOW i use a lot of will's O_O

AND I LOVED THE EPIC CHRONICLES OF AN EMO BOY COMMENT..;D Cannot get truer than that!

Omg, did you notice the part where tessa's clockwork angel was mentioned, (view spoiler)

Ava Oceana Shreya wrote: "ohmygosh O_O ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh...NO. Wait, so that would mean, Jem dies right?! BECAUSE IF JEM DIED I WOULD BE SAD/HEART-BROKEN IF WILL DIES I WOULD WRITE A WILL( no pun intended ;P) WHICH..."

a pendant in the shape of an angel whose wings were clockwork cog and gears...

How the crap did it get into the American Institute? Wasn't Tessa at the London one?!

Well, it basically means that:

a) Jem survives and ends up with Tessa, hence Emma Carstairs in the new series

b) Jem survives and ends up with Tessa before turning into a Silent Brother since she is (view spoiler)

c) Jem doesn't get Tessa and turns into a Silent Brother

d) Will ends up with Tessa, somehow

e) Will turns into a Silent Brother

I think that's it... and I missing some?

I'm pissed about this love triangle. I love them both, but I want her to end up with Jem since I love him since Jace is basically equal to Will, and Clary MUST end up with Jace.

I'm not sure if Cassie is into happily-ever-afters since this is her first series, and it still hasn't ended. I'm praying she is.

HAHAHAHA. Of course! I swear, he's constantly feeling sorry for himself. It gets annoying. -_-

message 3: by Lucy Ibn al-Rashid (last edited May 11, 2012 04:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lucy Ibn al-Rashid Girl, I don't know why but it also crossed my mind that Brother Zachariah could be Will or Jem.
Not because of his physical characterization but because he said that he loved two people when he was a shadowhunter.
But it can't be! Cassie wouldn't do that to us!! :S

message 4: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya WHOA, wait!....that would mean...WAIT..ummmm...wait...

message 5: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya yah idk..

Ava Oceana Lucy wrote: "Girl, I don't know why but it also crossed my mind that Brother Zachariah could be Will or Jem.

She better not, because I will be so upset. Like I said, I'm begging that Cassie was taught to adore the happily-ever-after stories and she'll give us one. I don't know how she ends her series...

message 7: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya UGH, SO many possibilities to consider, why doesn't Tessa just marry both of the guys.JEEZUS!THEN THEY'D ALLLLL HAVE EACH OTHER -_-

message 8: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya I HAVE NO ABSOLUTE IDEA HOW SHE ENDS HER SERIES' EITHER...considering she hasn't ended ANY ;D

message 9: by Ava Oceana (last edited May 11, 2012 04:49PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ava Oceana LMFAO I said this in my CP review:

I want both Jem and Will to end up with Tessa – more so, however, Jem. But anyone would know Tessa can’t have them both. Too bad. Shit. Actually, just have threesome! Problem solved. Why doesn't anyone think of that? Kid Cudi did.

message 10: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya in a way, City of Glass was sort of like a wrap-up and these books are just a continuation. There's no major antagonist to these books anymore, and sebastian is a pussy...cat....pardon my language

Ava Oceana Shreya wrote: "in a way, City of Glass was sort of like a wrap-up and these books are just a continuation. There's no major antagonist to these books anymore, and sebastian is a pussy...cat....pardon my language"

*snicker* S'kay, I swear like a pirate anyway. I would've said it.

message 12: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya HAHAHAHA OCEANA!!! See? GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE...and then there's Tessa ;)

message 13: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya YAY, A FELLOW PIRATE! AHOY MATEY...yah that's all i know...

OH, AND I DO HAVE A POLLY THE PARROT!!! :D

Ava Oceana Lol I love that song. It's all about a love triangle, and Cudi is like, "I can live life fine with two ladies... love triangle, all angles..."

Like, "WHY THE FUCK CAN'T WE JUST BANG TOGETHER?" Hehehe.

Lucy Ibn al-Rashid Oceana Nightfern wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Girl, I don't know why but it also crossed my mind that Brother Zachariah could be Will or Jem.

I want to believe that Cassie will give a good ending to both Jem and Will +.+
But that it was very disturbing to think about Brother Zachariah as one or another, it was!! :S

Ava Oceana Lucy wrote: "Oceana Nightfern wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Girl, I don't know why but it also crossed my mind that Brother Zachariah could be Will or Jem.
Not because of his physical characterization but because he s..."

I hope. I wouldn't be able to stand it if Zachariah is either of them. For some reason, the SB just seem so... alone and lonely and sad. I doubt any of 'em have girlfriends and go on hot dates. :P

message 17: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya Truthfully, i think there's more of a chance for Jem to be brother Zachariah because there is NO WAY IN THIS GODDAMN WORLD WILL, WILL HERONDALE EVER. BECOME. A. FREAKING. SILENT BROTHER!!!

have u guys noticed...all the brothers names end in a IAH

message 18: by Lucy Ibn al-Rashid (last edited May 11, 2012 05:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lucy Ibn al-Rashid Girls, don't forget that the fact that the heroine of The Dark Artifices Series is a Carstairs doesn't mean that she is directly related to Jem.
That doesn't mean that Jem and Tessa married and had children.
Cassie said that Jem has an uncle still alive, therefore there's one more Carstairs beside Jem in the world, which means that the man can marry and have a lot of children, meaning that Emma Carstairs may be a descendent of Jem's uncle.

Ava Oceana Shreya wrote: "Truthfully, i think there's more of a chance for Jem to be brother Zachariah because there is NO WAY IN THIS GODDAMN WORLD WILL, WILL HERONDALE EVER. BECOME. A. FREAKING. SILENT BROTHER!!!

have u..."

Except for Enoch. :D

message 20: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya true...very true. in fact, that fact makes me so much MORE happier :D

Ava Oceana Lucy wrote: "Girls, don't forget that the fact that the heroine of The Dark Artifices Series is a Carstairs doesn't mean that she ir directly related to Jem.
That doesn't mean that Jem and Tessa married and had..."

*headdesk* If that's true, and she plays that card, I'll be joining Sebastian on his quest to burn down the whole word, thank you very much.

Ava Oceana Shreya wrote: "true...very true. in fact, that fact makes me so much MORE happier :D"

That makes me so much more distressed. ;(

Lucy Ibn al-Rashid Oceana wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Oceana Nightfern wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Girl, I don't know why but it also crossed my mind that Brother Zachariah could be Will or Jem.
Not because of his physical characterization bu..."

Yes, it would be a pretty sad ending to the boys.
The Silent Brothers are freaky :S They are barely human now.
And like you said, they don't have spouses or kids. :(

message 24: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya oh yah, well there's always an exception..haha ;P

We should go up to him and sing. "DARRLIIN, YOU ARE THE ONLY EXCEPTION, YOU ARE THE ONLY EXCEPTION, YOU ARE THE ONLY EXCEEPPTIOOON"

I wonder what Silent Brother do when they get pissed.

OH RIGHT, HE'S PROBABLY MIND TORTURE US...O_O

Lucy Ibn al-Rashid Shreya wrote: "Truthfully, i think there's more of a chance for Jem to be brother Zachariah because there is NO WAY IN THIS GODDAMN WORLD WILL, WILL HERONDALE EVER. BECOME. A. FREAKING. SILENT BROTHER!!!

have u..."

Not all of them. There's Brother Enoch!

Ava Oceana Lucy wrote: "Oceana wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Oceana Nightfern wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Girl, I don't know why but it also crossed my mind that Brother Zachariah could be Will or Jem.
Not because of his physical char..."

Well, there's the exception of Zachariah, of course. He's like, young and beautiful. :P

Lucy Ibn al-Rashid Oceana wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Girls, don't forget that the fact that the heroine of The Dark Artifices Series is a Carstairs doesn't mean that she ir directly related to Jem.
That doesn't mean that Jem and Tessa m..."

Ahahah you can join Sebastian but it won't affect Will, Jem, Charlotte, Henry, etc because they are already dead xD
Unless, like we're discussing, Will or Jem is Brother Zachariah.

message 28: by Ava Oceana (last edited May 11, 2012 05:12PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ava Oceana Lucy wrote: "Oceana wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Girls, don't forget that the fact that the heroine of The Dark Artifices Series is a Carstairs doesn't mean that she ir directly related to Jem.
That doesn't mean that ..."

And of course, Tessa ain't gonna die. Doesn't it piss you off - this immortality shit? I mean, will Simon die AGAIN? I doubt it. And Isabelle will die eventually.

Werewolves die, too, right? But they have a longer lifespan?

Sylvia I knew when I finished it that Will or possibly Jem was the Silent Brother Zachariah so one of them dies for sure :( and like you said Cassie classes begin a Silent Brother as dying ooh this is going to kill us to find out ...

Lucy Ibn al-Rashid Oceana wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Oceana wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Oceana Nightfern wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Girl, I don't know why but it also crossed my mind that Brother Zachariah could be Will or Jem.
Not because of his..."

Cassie doesn't say that he's beautiful. Cassie only says that he is different from the others.
He has no stitches (Thank God!) and he seems more human. He seems to feel emotions and to understand people's motivations.
But he is sad and melancholy like the others...

Ava Oceana Heinzypop wrote: "I knew when I finished it that Will or possibly Jem was the Silent Brother Zachariah so one of them dies for sure :( and like you said Cassie classes begin a Silent Brother as dying ooh this is goi..."

Mm hm, and that Magnus quote is killing me. :(

message 32: by Ava Oceana (last edited May 11, 2012 05:17PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ava Oceana Lucy wrote: "Oceana wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Oceana wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Oceana Nightfern wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Girl, I don't know why but it also crossed my mind that Brother Zachariah could be Will or Jem.
Not..."

Lol, I know, but he DOES have high, elegant cheekbones. That counts for a lot in the YA world, doesn't it? Every love interest has 'em. :P

Just watch. He'll lift up his mask and he'll have this stunningly gorgeous face. xDD.

He's probably still depressed over Tessa/Will or Tessa/Jem.

Or who knows? Maybe it's Jace's dad! :D

Sylvia Oceana wrote: "Heinzypop wrote: "I knew when I finished it that Will or possibly Jem was the Silent Brother Zachariah so one of them dies for sure :( and like you said Cassie classes begin a Silent Brother as dyi..."

Yep I knew it was either one of them halfway through the book and now I'm getting really nervous to find out what happens in Clockwork Princess and obviously Jace is a Herondale and the new series the main character is a descendant of Jem's so it's very interesting indeed!!

Ava Oceana Heinzypop wrote: "Oceana wrote: "Heinzypop wrote: "I knew when I finished it that Will or possibly Jem was the Silent Brother Zachariah so one of them dies for sure :( and like you said Cassie classes begin a Silent..."

It is - but I keep on thinking that Alec is related to William, so that would mean that Jace is related to Alec. Nearly all Shadowhunter families are related by bloodline...

AH. Too much family crap. It's too confusing.

Lucy Ibn al-Rashid Oceana wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Oceana wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Oceana wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Oceana Nightfern wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Girl, I don't know why but it also crossed my mind that Brother Zachariah could be Wil..."

xD
That would be really mean of Stephen if he was still alive, not to say anything to his own mother, the deceased Inquisitor, Imogen Herondale and his own son, Jace.
And the worse is, he would be responsible for Céline's death. She killed herself because of his death therefore if he was still alive Céline would have died for nothing.
:'( Meaning that Jace was brought up by a monster and suffered so much for nothing. :(

Lucy Ibn al-Rashid I still can't understand why some of you think that Will and Alec are related.
Because of the black hair and blue eyes? *Sigh* Genetics!!
And don't forget that Maryse Lightwood has black hair and blue eyes!

Ava Oceana Lucy wrote: "I still can't understand why some of you think that Will and Alec are related.
Because of the black hair and blue eyes? *Sigh* Genetics!!
And don't forget that Maryse Lightwood has black hair and b..."

Technically, Will probably IS related to him. All Shadowhunters families are inbred in someway.

Cassandra keeps on throwing surprises at us. Who knows?

Lucy Ibn al-Rashid Oceana wrote: "Lucy wrote: "I still can't understand why some of you think that Will and Alec are related.
Because of the black hair and blue eyes? *Sigh* Genetics!!
And don't forget that Maryse Lightwood has bl..."

Yes, sure, but if that is true, they are distantly related.
Like Draco Malfoy and Ron Weasley or Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter!!

message 39: by Ava Oceana (last edited May 11, 2012 05:54PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ava Oceana Lucy wrote: "Oceana wrote: "Lucy wrote: "I still can't understand why some of you think that Will and Alec are related.
Because of the black hair and blue eyes? *Sigh* Genetics!!
And don't forget that Maryse L..."

Lol, yes. Apparently Alec isn't as hot as Will, according to Camile, was it?

message 40: by Shreya (last edited May 11, 2012 05:52PM) (new) - added it

Shreya YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD'VE BEEN COOL!!! O_O if she wrote about Max..(view spoiler)

message 41: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya of course Alec isn't as hot as Will, anyone who punches a girl is a turn-off, exception being Magnus, as in he liked alec even though he punched clary, not that magnus punched a girl O_O

Ava Oceana Shreya wrote: "YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD'VE BEEN COOL!!! O_O if she wrote about Max..but he had to die ;_; *sniffle*"

Put that under a spoiler tag. ;)

message 43: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya OH! WHOOPS!! SORRIEZ..i forgot there are people in this world that HAVEN'T read this series...arhmm..*cough*losers*cough* LOl, no I'm JK JK, not really.....:I

Sylvia Oceana wrote: "Heinzypop wrote: "Oceana wrote: "Heinzypop wrote: "I knew when I finished it that Will or possibly Jem was the Silent Brother Zachariah so one of them dies for sure :( and like you said Cassie clas..."

I'm thinking Will's sister married a Lightwood not Gideon cause I think he marries Sophie but the other brother (he's name escapes me lol) to get back at Will for what he did to he's sister lol

There really is so much family drama but that's why we love it lol I love trying to figure things out lol

message 45: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya omg, sylvia, i did not comprehend that until i read it like 10 times.. SO MANY NAMEESS ;P

message 46: by Lucy Ibn al-Rashid (last edited May 11, 2012 06:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lucy Ibn al-Rashid Oceana wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Oceana wrote: "Lucy wrote: "I still can't understand why some of you think that Will and Alec are related.
And don't forget..."

Yes! xD
Camille says that Alec is not as good looking as Will.
He could never be because everyone knows that the Herondales rule the world!! xD

Sylvia Shreya wrote: "omg, sylvia, i did not comprehend that until i read it like 10 times.. SO MANY NAMEESS ;P"

LOL yeah I figured that could tie them in somehow but Clockwork Princess will reveal a lot for sure

Lucy Ibn al-Rashid No, I don't think that Cecily married Gabriel Lightwood.
That would be too forced! Gideon is already in love with Sophie and involved with the Institute and the Herondales.
I don't think that Gabriel will ever be in that position!

message 49: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya And hopefully...relieve the tension as well? (view spoiler)

Lucy Ibn al-Rashid This is all Tessa's fault!!
How can she do this to my Jem??

« previous 1