Amy's Reviews > Crave

Crave by Melissa Darnell

It was lengthy, and there is another book coming out which made this an even better read for me. Knowing that a second was along the way, and to still have a few hundred pages of interesting plot to keep me interested is quite impressive. (In a former review I ranted and raved about how books designed as a series seem to annoy me, because they drag on and I feel like I am reading fluff, where it could have been done well in a book or two)

This book does follow a seemingly common YA formula with the key factors (unique "special" person, forbidden loves, love triangles, bullying from peers...etc) but even with many of these formulas in place, I seemed to enjoy it with out my normal "sigh not again" groans. I liked the characters, I had wished Anne and Nana were given a bit more attention since I found myself utterly charmed by them, but hopefully there will be more to explore in the next book and they will take a larger role. It did take a bit to get used to the alternating POV (which is also becoming common) but I think she did a great job writing as Tristen.

I don't know if I would call this a mind blowing story, I am certainly interested enough to read the next one when it comes out, but I will say that I think Melissa Darnell is an excellent writer. (at the end of the book there was a music playlist that went along to the story, and an excellent Q&A section with her, which I found quite interesting)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crave.