Jess the Romanceaholic's Reviews > The Runaway Countess

The Runaway Countess by Leigh LaValle

This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: March 6, 2012
Publisher: Samhain
Imprint: N/A
Author’s Website: http://www.leighlavalle.com/
My Source for This Book: Gift from the author
Part of a Series: No
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Steamy

I was very surprised to learn that Ms. LaValle is a debut author — with intense chemistry and beautiful romance, with a dash of action and a pinch of mystery, this book felt as though it had been written by someone with far more experience. I loved the idea of Maize having joined in with a highway robber as a Robin Hood of sorts, and of Trent, the Lord Lieutenant of Nottinghamshire being the one determined to get the truth from her.

Maize’s stubbornness against Trent’s own determination to get the truth from her made for a lovely amount of tension between the two, and when coupled with the absolutely palpable chemistry, it made for an explosive combination.

Overall, this was a highly enjoyable read. While I did figure out the “twist” fairly early on, I found that the romance more than made up for it, as did the excitement and drama of the ending.

Recommended for fans of enemies to lovers, secret identities, and historical heroines who refuse to be held back by society’s strictures.

A very solid 4/5 Stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Runaway Countess.