Diana~'s Reviews > Tempted

Tempted by Maya Banks

Jan 10, 12

bookshelves: author-maya-banks, erotica-romance, contemporary-romance, arc-galley, amazon-kindle, 2012-reads
Read in January, 2012

Tempted by Her Innocent Kiss is most definitely my favorite out of the Pregnancy & Passion series thus far. Reading anything with unrequited love in it has always been one of my weaknesses. I truly sympathize with Ashley in here because while Devon went into his marriage knowing it was a business arrangement with no rules saying that he should love her, Ashley whole-heartedly loves him and wanted to marry him because he the man that she chosed. This third installment by Maya Banks was heartbreaking and very emotional like the last two but I actually felt a connection in this one. (view spoiler)

Ever since the beginning, we have known first hand that Devon was not marrying for love. He's marrying Ashley because of a business arrangement for his company to merge in with her father's. Only... the end result was definitely not what he expected. I honestly believe that Devon had started to fall in love with Ashley little by little without even realizing it. When she found out that their marriage wasa farce, he repeatedly told her that he never wanted to hurt her. But is lying to someone truly a way to start a relationship? No absolutely not. And when Ashley begins to change her personality to become "the perfect wife" to Devon's ideal, things take a turn for the worst.

In the end, to win back a woman's love and trust, there can only be one solution: you either grovel and beg for her forgiveness, you show her that you love her and that you can't live without her, OR you can do both! Which is why, Devon Carter wins the title for Best Grovelling so far... and you shall see! Overall, I definitely recommend this series for anyone who loves Maya Banks, drama, romance, and some good old fashion grovelling! Last but not least:

Thank you to NetGalley and Harlequin for giving me permission to read this ARC!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempted.

01/09/2012
10.0% "I honestly can't wait to see how this will unfold. The grovelling was well-deserved and very nice in the last two books. ;)"