Diana~'s Reviews > Enticed by His Forgotten Lover

Enticed by His Forgotten Lover by Maya Banks

Jan 05, 2012

bookshelves: author-maya-banks, erotica-romance, contemporary-romance, amazon-kindle, 2012-reads
Read from January 05 to 08, 2012

To be honest, I was wary of starting this series. It sounded really cheesy, Maya Bank's highlander series was a prime example of that, and I wasn't exactly fond of the pregnancy idea. I decided to try it out and ended up really like it. It was very sweet and the relationship between Rafael and Bryony was well-done. At first, it was really hard to believe that Rafe could forget everything about the woman that he supposedly love. He doesn't remember anything about their love for one another, so what does that say about a person? I had my doubts about him and Bryony. She could be lying as well. In the end, one of them was certainly lying... but as readers, we don't know who. The only thing to do was to keep on reading!

I actually thing that through all their ups and downs in the relationship, Rafe and Bryony were worthy of one another. You could tell that she honestly loved him a lot. I don't exactly think that he appreciated it, thanks to the reveal at the end of the book. Betrayal and forgiveness was probably the two big themes in the first book of the Pregnancy & Passion series. (view spoiler). Anyway, Rafe did some groveling in the end because while he didn't experience the 'passion' the first time around, he certainly did the second time! Overall, this was a good book to the start of a series. I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of Rafe's friends future happiness in the next upcoming books!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enticed by His Forgotten Lover.

01/06/2012
50.0% "I admit that the scenario is somewhat ridiculous. What with Rafe losing his memory and not even remember the time he spent with Bryony. But... it works. And I like it so far."
01/07/2012
80.0% "Aww, I really hope Rafe and Bryony's relationship will work out in the end. I wonder what he'll do..."