Ina's Reviews > Tempted

Tempted by Megan Hart

Jan 12, 12

Read from January 10 to 12, 2012

This book is so much more than the cover. It's a really strong story about love between two people who's been married for a few years and the people who surround them. The author lets us into Anne's and James' life, together and in interaction with parents and siblings.

As a married woman in the same age as the protagonist, I could really relate to a lot of Anne's feelings. To get married can in a young person's life seem to be the happy ending, but as we grow older we learn that it's a beginning of a new way of living. It's not always black and white, the feelings you have towards your other half and the life you lead. The everyday carousel can make you doubt your own feelings and question things that you didn't expect when going into the marrige. As years pass you go through changes in yourself and it can make you look at your partner in a different light. Some work through this, others split apart. In this story there's James' best friend, Alex, who storms his way through this couple's life. He's charming, sure of himself and makes Anne feel things she didn't know she even missed.

We may have different opinions of what we think Anne should do about this, and I don't want to give away the end. I just want to say that lots of feelings went through me during the last pages. It was certainly a realistic ending but maybe not the one I would have chosen if I were the author. I'm a true romantic you see, not a realist. ;-)

I "only" give this book 4 stars since I thought the beginning was abit too slow. Although I realise why it had to be that way. The second half wouldn't have been as strong and exciting without the introduction to Anne's and James' families. There were a lot of people in this story to get to know. But still, the pace of the first half still prevents me from giving it five stars as I would like too.

This story is not a light and breezy read. It makes you think and I guess it'll be stuck with me for a long while. But that's the way I like it. I love it when books, and films, make me FEEL!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempted.

01/11/2012 "Slow at first... now really really interesting!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda Oh, this is by far your best review ever! Loved it! And I so want to read this one now, even though you scare me a little with it ending bad. As you know, I'm a HEA kind of girl and a hopeless romantic, just like you. But I'll still give it a try.

message 2: by Ina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ina Thanks Linda! I think you will like it too!