Melanie's Reviews > Swan and the Bear

Swan and the Bear by Eve Langlais

Jan 05, 2012

bookshelves: eve-langlais, erotica, fluffy-fun, shifters-i-d-love-to-were, paranormal-romance, kindle, interracial-romance, bite-me, man-ho
Read on January 05, 2012

Ahhhh, Eve Langlais never fails to amuse me with her humorous, lighthearted, and sexy paranormal offerings. Seriously, my cheeks hurt whenever I finish one of her books because I pretty much devour them in one sitting with a smile plastered to my face the whole time!

'Swan and the Bear' is the second installment of Langlais' 'Furry United Coalition' (endearingly shortened to FUC) series and was just as hilarious as the first book. Shifters of pretty much all animal species abound in this world and FUC is a government agency instituted for their protection - a shifter CIA if you will. Picking up where 'Bunny and the Bear' left off, the evil genius whose been kidnapping predatory shifters for nefarious experiments is still loose and now has his radar trained on Miranda, the saber-toothed bunny heroine from BatB. Now mated to Bear shifter Chase, the two go into hiding while Chase's playbear brother and FUC operative, Mason, and a geeky tech swan princess, Jessie, try and track him down.

Used to women throwing themselves at him, Mason is drawn to Jessie, the one shiftress supposedly immune to his charms and when the villain threatens her safety Mason does everything in his power to keep her safe and convince her his playbear ways are over. Bears are one of my favorite shifter species (prehensile lips baby!) and I thoroughly enjoyed the sexy innuendos Mason employed to woo his reluctant cygnet! Woo her he does and a loving, monogamous husband he does indeed become, but we're left with a cliffhanger of sorts and I, for one, can't wait for the next FUC installment :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swan and the Bear.