Angela's Reviews > Touch

Touch by Jus Accardo

Feb 06, 13

bookshelves: books-read, favorites, own
Read in January, 2012

After a very long wait, my mom FINALLY bought this for me for Christmas (I knew she had it before Christmas, but she refused to give it to me early). I've been dying to read this book, no pun intended (get it?).

Touch starts off in the middle of somewhere. Unlike other books, whose beginnings usually begin with introductions and a little background, Touch started off in the middle of somewhere. That somewhere being Dez sliding off a roof. Aside from this, within the first few pages, Dez meets Kale, and the story continues to escalate from there.

Touch was a powerful, sizzling read that had me on the edge of my mattress (because that's where I was reading it). It has memorable characters, hotties, notties, back-stabbers, an interesting and witty plot, and humor. God, the humor. Kale, oh Kale, how I love you for your obliviousness. Kale is a six, he's been locked up since infancy so he doesn't know what a kiss feels like. Why his heart pounds when he's with Dez? What lime jello tasted like. His hotness makes up for this, though.

The entire book is written in the perspective of Dez, the daughter of our bad guy. She's bad ass, witty, funny, and just an entertaining character to read about. You'll agree with her decisions, feel for her, and most importantly, understand her. You may also relate to her, but on some levels you may not. The thing I liked most about our girl Dez is that she was so human and life-like. She was a living, breathing character that really made this story worth while.

If you love Dez then you have to love Kale. They're a package deal. Can't love one without the other. Why? Because together, they create the most entertaining book ever! Together there are mysteries, love, laughter, anger, fun, thinking, feeling.... yadda yadda yaaa. These two characters make up the story. They are the story. Kale is quite an amusing character. It's just so fun to read about him and his actions. I can't say I didn't smile when ever he talked. He's just so cute.

Aside from the wonderfully crafted characters, Accardo created a story that was unique. It had depth and was well organized. The story made you cry, laugh, and gasp throughout it. Truly one of a kind.

All in all, READ THIS BOOK! If you don't I'll set Kale's hands on you. And you don't want that. You've seen the praise this book has received. It truly deserves it, and truly deserves your read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch.

Quotes Angela Liked

Jus Accardo
“Current relationship status?” Her voice cut like an arctic chill blowing through the room.
“If you mean me, then you’re not my type. If you mean my dad, he’s single, but I don’t think you’re his type either,” I said with a small smile. Mercy didn’t find it amusing. A small blue vein in her forehead started throbbing like crazy....“Actually, come to think of it, I don’t think he has a type. I’ve never seen him with a woman.
Mercy, I hate to break it to you, but there’s a very real possibility my dad is gay.”

Jus Accardo
“I backed us up against the wall. “How I feel? You want to know?” I ran my hands over his face and tangled them into his messy hair. “This is unlike anything else. I’ve bungeed off buildings, I’ve skateboarded off roofs. I’ve even gone train surfing. Nothing comes close to the high I feel when I’m with you. You’ve been through horrible things, and yet you’re one of the kindest, truest people I’ve ever met. At first I thought it was because you were
safe. I could feel something for you because you couldn’t hurt me. Not the way Alex did. But it’s more than that. It’s you. Who you are. The way you are. Everything from your smile to the way you always say exactly what’s on your mind. Your soul, Kale.”
tags: dez, kale, love

Jus Accardo
“He sat up straight, eyes wide, and touched the tip of his index finger to his cheek. "What was that?"
I blushed. "A kiss."
"That's what a kiss feels like?"
"Well, technically. There are a lot of different types of—"
"Show me."
"Show you what?"
"Show me some other kinds."
"You're asking me to kiss you?"

(Dez and Kale)”