Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream's Reviews > On the Island

On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves

Jan 12, 12

bookshelves: 4-stars
Read from January 10 to 11, 2012

On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves is a beautiful, powerful, inspirational, and moving novel. Readers will have an extremely hard time putting this addicting adult romance novel down. Once I began On the Island, I didn’t put it down until I finished the very last page. I became deeply invested in the characters’ lives and their journey. Their setbacks, even the smallest ones, broke my heart and their accomplishments made me jump for joy.

Like many readers, I had my reservations going into this novel. Mainly, I was concerned about the age difference between T.J. and Anna. Going into this novel, I was scared that I wouldn’t be able to accept T.J. and Anna’s relationship, but as I read this novel, I began to understand, support, and root for their relationship. I watched the shy, skinny sixteen-year-old-boy with braces develop into a confident adult with a beard and a pony tail. I saw T.J. mature and develop into a man, both physically and mentally. In the end, I found myself mentally egging Anna on before she ever made her move.

On the Island had an extremely risky storyline; not many authors could have pulled it off. Tracey Garvis-Graves’ beautiful writing style and her outstanding character development made this story what it is: a phenomenal adult romance novel. Tracey Garvis-Graves is an extremely talented author, and I’m anxious to discover what risks she takes in the future.

I gave On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves 4 STARS. I strongly recommend this adult romance novel. It’s an entertaining and romantic story that’s well researched, crafted, and executed.

-XOXO

READING, EATING AND DREAMING

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Island.

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Kajal Nehra Where do I get this book!? :O

Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream You can order the Kindle edition or the paperback on Amazon.com ;)

Kajal Nehra Okay, thanks so much! :)

Melissa Enjoy! I LOVED this book to pieces!!!

Kristin I also Loved this book and can't wait to read more from this author