Nancy's Reviews > Tempest

Tempest by Holly Hook

Jan 05, 12

Hurricanes. Since Katrina, everyone older than 7 knows what a hurricane is and what they do. They
think. Actually, according to the Natural Law, Katrina was a girl who was born a Tempest. All Tempests names come up once in their life and that is their turn to destroy and kill or, if they’re kind-hearted to try not to.

Janelle and her dad had just moved to Florida from Michigan. Mom had passed away years ago and Dad
had a new job. Janelle was amazed by the power and force of Hurricane Gary – the first one she’d been in. She was scared to death and, when she went out in the street to view the damage, she met a
stranger her age. Named Gary. Things didn’t click just then but they did soon after!

Janelle learns that dad had ulterior motives in hauling her to Florida. Everyone seems to have them in this book. She also learns that the little spiral birthmark she has is shared by many beings and that her grandmother’s name is Camille. (Remember her????)

This story really caught my attention. Janelle and Gary make it a Y/A novel but other things keep adults interested as well. Since this is a “part 1” kinda of book I’m hoping Holly will let me read parts 2+.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempest.