Steph Sinclair's Reviews > Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Feb 04, 13

bookshelves: ebook, netgalley, unlikely

Edit: Changed my mind.

Let's see what all the fuss is about.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Disaster.

message 1: by Angela (new)

Angela Is this another example of bad author behaviour? I have made a mental list of ones to avoid now.

message 2: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair Yup. This list is getting too long, way too fast.

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela Argh! These authors seem to be forgetting that they need readers on board otherwise they wouldn't have a bloody career!

message 4: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair I know. Smh.

Zemira Warner Oh,LOL. Not this book again. I actually read it and the relationship Travis and whats-her-name have is all over the place. All my GR friends love it,I just don't see the appeal.

message 6: by Bry (new)

Bry Just curious but what did Rachel Hawkins, the Hex Hall author do??

message 7: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair She was involved in the recent Twitter reviewier bashing a few days ago.

Experiment BL626 Stephanie wrote: "Yup. This list is getting too long, way too fast.

Check out her twitter feed, it gets worse.

Jamie McGuire @JamieMcGuire_ 1 Jan Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Dear Online Review Sites: Please stop telling readers what the characters in my books will

Jamie McGuire @JamieMcGuire_ 1 Jan Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
"likely" start doing. If you want to write a book - do so. Stop trying to write mine.

message 9: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair Experiment wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Yup. This list is getting too long, way too fast.

Check out her twitter feed, it gets worse.

Wow. She keeps on setting fire to her little bridge, doesn't she?

message 10: by Katy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Katy Boooo... None of the links work. :(

message 11: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair Katy wrote: "Boooo... None of the links work. :("

Yeah, I'm sure she deleted them all by now. You can read Sophie's review and subsequent comments to get an idea of one of the scandal's she was involved in.

message 12: by Katy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Katy Yeah... I know about the scandal. I was just curious what she did now.

message 13: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair Katy wrote: "Yeah... I know about the scandal. I was just curious what she did now."

Oh, nothing to my knowledge. She has an agent and publisher now so I imagine she's trying not to go down that road again.

message 14: by Lilyan (new)

Lilyan Oh dear, I await your review in anticipation

rameau This is going to be fun.

Persephone that book is another beautiful exemple of glorified abusive relationship, goody! i can't wait to read your review.

Cyndy Aleo I have GIFs for this book. LOTS of GIFs. Most involve self-immolation.

message 18: by Kala (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kala This one isn't at my library :( Won't be reading anytime soon, but I did enjoy reading reviews about it!

message 19: by Lyndi (new) - added it

Lyndi I bet those are great gifs.

message 20: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair LOL, that's if I even make it to the review. This could become a DNF for me.

message 21: by Rose (new)

Rose I heard a lot of bad things about this book, I heard it's even worse than Fifty shades

message 22: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair Rose wrote: "I heard a lot of bad things about this book, I heard it's even worse than Fifty shades"

That wouldn't surprise me.

Cyndy Aleo Great move saving yourself.

message 26: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair I have it, but I just don't have the time or energy to wade through something that is bound to piss me off.

message 27: by Kate (new) - rated it 1 star

Kate Bond Oof. It is terrible and offensive and--I could almost forgive the rest if it weren't for this--really, really stupid. The plot makes absolutely no sense.

And the slut shaming! I want no one else to ever read this book. Ever. Ever ever ever. I am getting angry just thinking about it.

message 28: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie I read a bit of this book and the head twisting because of the double standard in this book. I stopped. I kept hearing that this book great but not worth my time and this from someone who hasn't read 50 shades yet. yes it pissed me off :(

Stephanie Parent Even if you don't mind the unhealthy relationship/choose to view it as fantasy, the casual misogyny and double standards in the way male/female sexuality are treated, even involving minor characters, really bugged me. Also, even viewing this totally as a fantasy, I still just thought Travis was gross and completely unsexy. Interested to see what you think if you read it!

Nadya I had honestly thought nothing would be worse than 50 shades but his book lost me on page 6 at
   Blood sprayed my face, and splattered down the front of my cardigan

So I'm guessing Mr Bald and Tattooed will be going... "Gee kids this is how i met your mother..."
Has me wishing her computer would crash with the next twelve editions on there...

message 31: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair Oh, my. This just makes me even happier that I decided to resist curiosity. D:

Bieke {Istyria book blog} Is it so bad? xD

message 33: by Mimmi (new) - rated it 1 star

Mimmi It's the most annoying book I ha ever read!

Sabina that's what I said to myself D: Don't do it! Save yourself the pain!

Obsessed Withstories So? What do you think?

message 36: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair I didn't read it.