Jacob Proffitt's Reviews > Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors

Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors by Molly Harper

Mar 07, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, steamy, audible
Recommended for: Anybody who enjoys humor, families, or romance.
Read from March 05 to 07, 2012

I hope this review ends up coherent because I was up all night finishing the book. "I'll just wind down with a chapter or two" didn't go quite as planned...

This installment of the tediously titled series is the best yet. It was laugh-out-loud funny and Harper's characteristically poignant depiction of the madness of families was both hilarious and heartwarming. And can I just say now that I envy Gabriel's proposal and honeymoon ideas? I hope Melissa never gets around to reading this one because I know I'll be diminished in her eyes for not thinking of either one on my own. Hmmm. Celebrating our 20th anniversary this year... maybe it's not too late to crib from Gabriel, yet.

If you're up for vampires that neither brood nor sparkle (let alone both), I can't recommend this book enough. Start with the first in the series, though, if you haven't already—Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs.

A note on my new steamy designation. This book is an early challenge to my new tag. I'm giving it a steamy, though there's only one scene with anything explicit and it's both short and mild. I'd have to get more detailed to be more... detailed so I'll leave it at that. I'm just not sure how to nuance that tag any further without diluting it entirely.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors.