Diane Alberts's Reviews > My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century

My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel  Harris

Apr 11, 12

Read in April, 2012

I was lucky enough to get an ARC of the fabulous author's debut release, MY SUPER SWEET SIXTEENTH CENTURY. Not only is she my agent sister, but she's my publisher sister, too. And man, can the girl write!

At it's heart, MY SUPER SWEET SIXTEENTH CENTURY is about a fifteen year old trying to adjust to the changes in her life, and being scared to trust anyone after he mother left her and her father. Her father is a rich directer in Hollywood, and her future stepmother wants to throw her a huge party, like on MTV. Cat, being the type of girl who doesn't want any attention on her--especially on TV!--balks at the idea, but gives in after her father takes her to her favorite historical place on the earth--Florence, Italy.

Cat is a huge fan of art, being an artist herself, and goes off on a tour of Italy alone--and runs into a gypsy of all things! I won't tell you what happens next, but obviously you can tell from the title that she goes back to the sixteenth century. Not only does she make some awesome friends--and meets a super hottie, Lorenzo--but she also gets to learn a lot of hard lessons about life that change her outlook completely.

It's filled with plenty of laugh-out loud moments--her inner thoughts and Rachel's voice are extremely amusing--and it will have you cheering for Cat all the way through to the end. And it will have you begging for more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century.

04/05/2012 page 100