Mary Gilligan-Nolan's Reviews > La rivière noire

La rivière noire by Arnaldur Indriðason

Jan 05, 12

Read on January 05, 2012

I'm completely out of sequence with this one being book 7, however, it did not matter at all to the story. It was a great read and I am now happy to have found a new author and series worth reading. I have ordered book 1., it has another detective as far as I know, but that's fine. This was a novel set in Iceland and starts with the story of a man on the prowl for a victim he can drug with a date rape drug. It then surprisingly goes to the second chapter of a body discovered in a flat and while you expect it to be the girl he picked up, it turns out it's the rapist who is found with his throat cut and no sign of the girl, nothing except some of her clothes. So, the detective assigned is Elinborg and we follow her home life and her investigation of the murder. She is good character and what I particularly liked was it was all about the police procedures and finding evidence and clues to piece together what had happened and why. It was also realistic and not at all over the top like some crime novels, and this detective has her head screwed on. I really liked it and can't wait for the next one, which will be book 1.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read La rivière noire.