Felicia's Reviews > White Hot

196094
Aug 16, 12

bookshelves: 2012-read, physical-owned, physical-tbr
Read from August 14 to 15, 2012

Read for Profiling Mysteries (Bought for Myself)
Overall Rating 4.75
Story Rating 4.75
Character Rating 4.75

First Thought When Finished: I need a man in uniform *sigh*

What I Thought of the Story: Nina Bruhns is quickly becoming one of my favorite Romantic Thriller/Suspense writers. She knows how to write a good story to go with all the smexy. In fact, I think I am a little in love with the way she ties her series together with little winks/nods to the books/characters that have come before. In White Hot, we get to see what happens to Clint after the end of Red Heat! He has got the disk and must make it back before the Chinese can track him down. To do this he stows away/signs on to be First Mate of a shipping vessel. Captain Samantha is his match in every way and when they are attacked she holds her own. The action in White Heat is top notch! It reminded me a bit of The Hunt for Red October in it's pacing and style. Nina just does a great job at pulling you into the story.

What I Thought of the Characters: Captain Samantha Richardson was a smart, tough, and independent female that I could identify with. That made the story so much fun. I kept asking what would I do and she reacted the way that I hope I would. Granted that included getting pissed, freaking out, and then taking care of business. She wasn't prepared for the mess that Clint brought with him. Clint=HAWT! I have a thing for guys with Native American heritage. They just scream: HOT HOT HOT! Plus a Navy Seal. Clint was White Hot and pretty much a walking fantasy. The only thing that stopped the characters from being a 5.00 was the insta-love within 24 hours kind of thing but then again they were in an extreme situation. Plus, I would totally fall in love with Clint so there is that!

Final Thought: I love this series! I don't like that only one a year comes out (next book summer 2013) but I will be pre-ordering as soon as its available! (DeAnne's story is next and that is going to be wicked fun)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Hot.

08/14/2012
1.0% "#boutofbooks Day 2 Paperbook"
08/14/2012
2.0% "#boutofbooks after 10 min of staring at the cover I am getting my read on!"
08/14/2012
40.0% "#boutofbooks I love Nina Bruhns writing--it is quick paced and has just the right amount of smexy :)"
08/14/2012
100.0% "#boutofbooks another great entry in the series!!!!"