Cheryl's Reviews > Bill Moyers Journal: The Conversation Continues

Bill Moyers Journal by Bill Moyers

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: non-fiction, goodreads-challenge-2012
Read from January 02 to April 17, 2012 — I own a copy

I put this book on my reading list after seeing an interview with Bill Moyers on The Daily Show. I began reading it in January of this year. It was a slow process. I took my time reading each interview. In between I admit I read several other books - mostly fiction - to break things up a bit, but by the time I read half of the interviews that stopped.

The more I read, the more I began to question. The more I questioned, the more I learned about myself. It made me look at the world around me, made me ask how I could change things for the better.

I've been politically aware for some time though I don't often share my views, this book changed that. I found myself discussing things that I read in the interviews and discussing the ideas/beliefs/ideologies presented with others.

It's true that many of the interviews discuss various political issues - civil liberties, economics,racial issues and so forth. But beyond that you get the sense of an over arching discussion of the Human Experience as a whole. You aren't looking at how things affect one individual, but how things affect us as a group...as a society.

I really enjoyed reading The Conversation Continues. And even though I know that there are many people out there that would disagree with the opinions presented in these interviews I would still recommend reading the book. Just because you might not agree with the ideas, doesn't make them any less valid, or mean that you won't learn something from them.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bill Moyers Journal.