Valerie's Reviews > Queen of Babble in the Big City

Queen of Babble in the Big City by Meg Cabot

Jan 06, 12

bookshelves: chick-lit, read-in-2012, part-of-a-series
Read from January 05 to 06, 2012

Second book in the Queen of Babble series. This time Lizzie is in New York City with her new boyfriend Luke and best friends Shari & Chaz. Lizzie spends the first part of the book job hunting, figuring out where she's going to live, and trying to figure out how she can make her dream of being a wedding gown restoration specialist come true. After all that preliminary stuff, the book gets much more interesting in the second half!

Characters introduced in Queen of Babble are much further developed in Queen of Babble in the Big City. Due to that fact, I would recommend reading them in order - you will definitely enjoy the second book more if you have the background history. I enjoyed the quirky new supporting characters Lizzie meets in this book, also.

Queen of Babble is fun and fluff. A light read, and kind of silly. Perfect if you don't want to read anything heavy. My primary genre is mystery/thriller, and every once in a while I need a break from that, especially after reading something particularly dark and/or disturbing.

Typically after reading a book like this, I will pick another book from my mystery pile...but there was enough of a cliff-hanger in this one that I'm going to go ahead and finish the series now. Queen of Babble Gets Hitched, here I come!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of Babble in the Big City.