Jill's Reviews > Crash into You

Jan 05, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: contemporary-romance
Read in January, 2012

A content warning would have been appreciated

By the description of this book I thought this to be an erotic contemporary romance between a male and female. There is no indication whatsoever in the blurb that this story would be anything other than a male/female exclusive relationship.

If I had known there would be a 'hero + heroine + one' in the sex scenes, I wouldn’t have bothered. I don’t want to be surprised by a m/f/m . There were no content warnings prefacing this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crash into You.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Was it any good, Jill? Sorry for asking but I don't see a rating.

message 2: by Jill (new) - rated it 1 star

Jill Baba wrote: "Was it any good, Jill? Sorry for asking but I don't see a rating."

No problem about asking Baba. I'm wondering whether I should give it 1 star or no rating. When I read the description there was no indication that the H/h would do a threesome. As you know I don't read menage. Erotic m/f, sure. So I was really annoyed that there was no content warning about that.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Jill wrote: "Baba wrote: "Was it any good, Jill? Sorry for asking but I don't see a rating."

You could mention it in your review, Jill (Warning: contains blah blah blah). What's this story? Erotic romance??

message 4: by Jill (last edited Jan 06, 2012 01:23PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Jill It's an erotic contemporary romance with a light suspense as well. The bdsm is quite heavy though not disturbingly so. Overall, I may have rated it a 3, but when they started having a threesome at around the 50% mark, with no real indication before that this was going in that direction, I got really put off.

So the review is going to be short. The rating low. And yes, I'll be mentioning that there should be a content warning.

message 5: by Jill (new) - rated it 1 star

Jill Mary Elizabeth wrote: "when I stumble upon a bad book I rate it one star then add it deserves zero ... I really don't like ménage stories either just not my cup of tea I feel like there's no real love involve. but yeah ..."

Exactly how I feel Mary Elizabeth. I know other readers enjoy menage and that's fine. But I'm just not interested. Just like I'm not interested in inspirational or YA or whatever.

Had I'd known it would involve a threesome I wouldn't have started the book. A content warning would have been nice.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter No warning at all...that's really bad! You know me, Jill, I have read quite a few ménage books. Maybe I'm going to read it.

message 7: by Jill (new) - rated it 1 star

Jill Baba wrote: "No warning at all...that's really bad! You know me, Jill, I have read quite a few ménage books. Maybe I'm going to read it."

You may well enjoy this Baba.

message 8: by KatLynne (new)

KatLynne I'm sorry Jill and know how you feel. While I have read a few menage, it's just not for me. As everyone knows, I prefer those jealous alpha males, who definitely don't share!...LOL

I recently read a short, erotic contemporary and thought it to was H/h..it involved m/f/f which certainly is not for me. After searching, I found it was clearly labeled, just my bad for not seeing it.

message 9: by Jill (new) - rated it 1 star

Jill KatLynne wrote: "I'm sorry Jill and know how you feel. While I have read a few menage, it's just not for me. As everyone knows, I prefer those jealous alpha males, who definitely don't share!...LOL

I recently re..."

Thanks KatLynne. This wasn't exactly menage, but rather three-way sex. Either way, I don't read menage nor threesome sex. I just got a bit annoyed that there was no indication from the description nor any content warning. And like you I love a man who won't share. That's very hot!

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Thanks for the warning Jill! For sure out of my comfort zone!

message 11: by Delphina (new)

Delphina I like it when they tell you those things ahead of time that way people can find what they want to read.

message 12: by Jill (new) - rated it 1 star

Jill Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Thanks for the warning Jill! For sure out of my comfort zone!"

Yeah not my cuppa either Sandi.

message 13: by Jill (new) - rated it 1 star

Jill Delphina wrote: "I like it when they tell you those things ahead of time that way people can find what they want to read."

That's right. I just don't want the surprise. I want to know want I'm reading beforehand.

message 14: by Kristen (new)

Kristen I'm sorry you were taken by surprise, Jill. That's unfair of the publisher not to give a content warning. Was it self published? Maybe that is why there wasn't a content warning.

message 15: by Jill (new) - rated it 1 star

Jill Kristen wrote: "I'm sorry you were taken by surprise, Jill. That's unfair of the publisher not to give a content warning. Was it self published? Maybe that is why there wasn't a content warning."

No Kristen, it was brought out by Berkley.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) That's a pet peeve of mine too, Jill. I think the assumption is that any reader is fine with these elements, because they are popular.

message 17: by Jill (new) - rated it 1 star

Jill Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "That's a pet peeve of mine too, Jill. I think the assumption is that any reader is fine with these elements, because they are popular."

That's right Danielle. But not for this girl. I'm a H/h reader only. The romance just kinda fizzled for me when the threesome was introduced. And even though it ended as just the H/h any enjoyment in the story had died.

Had I have known that there was a threesome, I wouldn't have read the book. I think a content warning would have been appropriate here.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Yeah, I don't buy a romance with a moresome thrown in. Romantic love and fidelity go together for me.

message 19: by Jill (new) - rated it 1 star

Jill Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Yeah, I don't buy a romance with a moresome thrown in. Romantic love and fidelity go together for me."

LOL! Yeah I'm kinda old-fashioned like that too!

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Jill wrote: "Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Yeah, I don't buy a romance with a moresome thrown in. Romantic love and fidelity go together for me."

LOL! Yeah I'm kinda old-fashioned like that too!"

I guess Im naive,as I dont quite know what "menage" means ..all I know is Im with KatLynne & you I like the one man/one woman theme..dont mind sizzling love scenes just as long as its them,and I can skip pages if its TOO descriptive...

message 21: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK Same problem for me, Jill! I didn't realize there were threesomes until after I one-clicked! Otherwise, I most likely would not be reading this one.

message 22: by Jill (new) - rated it 1 star

Jill Most books come with a content warning, which I like. Saves any unwanted surprises!!

Anne, you know you can return it if you bought from Amazon?

message 23: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK Even after you've downloaded and read parts of it?

message 24: by Jill (new) - rated it 1 star

Jill Yes, it's their policy. You can return it within 7 days of purchase. Your reason for a refund can be 'offensive content'. I returned my copy for that reason.

message 25: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK Okay, thanks for the info. It's going back now! You just saved me $10 to use for something I'll enjoy more!

message 26: by Jill (new) - rated it 1 star

Jill You're welcome!

message 27: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Well, so glad I gave this one a miss. I did have this on my Mountain at one stage Jilly. Phew, is all I can say. :)

message 28: by Jill (new) - rated it 1 star

Jill Wen, you may like it. Just not my cuppa. Erotic scenes in a romance, I can handle (mostly). But I don't read three-way sex or menage, etc. And there was simply no warning or clue from the blurb, etc that this would be anything other than m/f only.

I think Baba liked the sound of this novel, but not sure if she ever went ahead and read it.

message 29: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Thanks Jilly. I might give it a miss. As you can see, I have enough to read. *snickers*

message 30: by Bri (new)

Bri Thanks for taking one for the team, Jill. Will stay away. :)

message 31: by Jill (new) - rated it 1 star

Jill Bri wrote: "Thanks for taking one for the team, Jill. Will stay away. :)"

You're welcome, Bri! I was pretty annoyed since I get to around 50% IIRC before the intro of the threesome, which cheesed me off no end.

message 32: by Jill (new) - rated it 1 star

Jill Emma wrote: "Ooo thx for the heads... So not into moresome either."

You're welcome, Emma! :)

message 33: by Jucilene (new)

Jucilene Glad I read your review first. And I agree with you! It'll not be a pleasant surprise for me, either. Thanks, Jill!

message 34: by Jill (new) - rated it 1 star

Jill Jucilene wrote: "Glad I read your review first. And I agree with you! It'll not be a pleasant surprise for me, either. Thanks, Jill!"

You're welcome, Juci! :)