Zografia's Reviews > Last Sacrifice

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Jan 05, 12

bookshelves: favourite

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Sacrifice.

Quotes Zografia Liked

Richelle Mead
“What the hell?" I asked. Is this daring escape being sponsored by Honda?”

“Who is he?"
"An idiot, said Adrian. "Makes me look like an upstanding member of society.”

Richelle Mead
“From behind Lissa, I heard Christian say, "Worst. Timing. Ever." Adrian studied Lissa and then looked at Christain sprawling on the bed on the far side of the suite.
"Huh," Adrian said, letting himself in. "So that's how you're going to fix the family problem. Little Dragomirs. Good idea." Christian sat up and strolled toward them.
"Yeah, that's exactly it. You're interrupting official Council business.”

Richelle Mead
“Ah, my daughter,ʺ he said. ʺEighteen, and already youʹve been accused of murder, aided felons, and acquired a death count higher than most guardians will ever see.ʺ He paused. ʺI couldnʹt be prouder.”

Richelle Mead
“Adrian opened his mouth, undoubtedly ready with some inappropriate and mocking comment. Lissa gave him a sharp headshake that kept him quiet. "Aren't there any, I don't know, sleeveless options?"

The saleswoman's eyes widened. "No one has ever worn straps to a funeral. It wouldn't be right."

"What about shorts?" asked Adrian. "Are they okay if they're with a tie? Because that's what I was gonna go with."

The woman looked horrified.”

“I want your opinion.ʺ
ʺThat,ʺ Adrian said, ʺis not something I hear a lot.ʺ”

Richelle Mead
“Are we going to New Orleans?"

"No", she said, backing out of the spot. "We're going to West Virginia."

"I assume by 'West Virginia,' you actually mean 'Hawaii,'" I said. "Or some place equally exciting.”

Richelle Mead
“There was a look of woe on his face that was almost comical. Raids, bullets, criminals...no problem. A missing duster? Crisis.”

Richelle Mead
“I loved you!" he yelled. He jumped up out of his chair so quickly I never saw it coming. "I loved you, and you destroyed me. You took my heart and ripped it up.”

Richelle Mead
“Don't blame us," said my mother. "We didn't blow up half of Court, steal a dozen cars, call out a murderer in the middle of a crowd, or get our teenage friend crowned queen."

"Actually," said Abe, "I did blow up half of Court.”

Richelle Mead
“I need you,ʺ said Lissa.
ʺI hear that from women a lot,ʺ said Adrian.”

Richelle Mead
“Ah, well,ʺ said Abe, idly studying his fingertips. ʺI have it on good authority thereʹs going to be a new ‘gateʹ opening up soon over on the south side of the wall."

The truth dawned on me. ʺOh lord. Youʹre the one whoʹs been doling out C4.ʺ

ʺYou make it sound so easy,ʺ he said with a frown. ʺThat stuffʹs hard to get a hold of.”

Richelle Mead
“Having your own, um, cave at eighteen is pretty cool.”

“Iʹve seen you too. Ozera. Crispin, right?ʺ
ʺChristian,ʺ corrected Lissa.
ʺRight.ʺ
....
ʺSo what brings you and Christopher here?ʺ asked Blake. He finished a glass of something amber colored and set it down beside the new drink.
ʺChristian,ʺ said Christian.
....
Blake gave her puppy-dog eyes. ʺBut you just got here! I was hoping we could get to know each other.ʺ It went without saying what he meant by that. ʺOh. And Kreskin too.”