Deb's Reviews > His Bright Light: The Story of Nick Traina

His Bright Light by Danielle Steel

Jan 04, 12

Read in August, 2001

I read this book many yrs ago. It is my favorite of all Daniells books. I related to everything both she and Nick were going through as i too had a son that was so similar to Nick on so many levels. It was as though she had been watching our lives unfold and wrote a book based on our lives. At the time my son was in his mid teens and I feared every day that one day I would loose him. While reading this book my heart went out to Danielle when in the end Nick took his life .. jump ahead 6 yrs and I now the true pain and anguish she felt and is likely still feeling as the son this book reminded me of so much, also took his own life at the age of 24, that was 2yrs, 2 months and 21 days ago. Which has brought me back to re read this book once again. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone as although u may not have a child that deals with depression or other mental illness I would almost bet u know of someone who does. It is a very touching story and a look inside a world one can only slightly imagine.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His Bright Light.