Nina's Reviews > Deeply Devoted

Deeply Devoted by Maggie Brendan

Aug 07, 12

Read from January 03 to 04, 2012

This book had the makings of a really good story, but it had its faults. First, the main character, a mail-order bride with a secret past. Hey, I can give her that, because I figure if you are a mail-order bride, you are escaping from something, but ya might want to mention it to your husband. But then she has the gall to bring her two sisters along without telling her soon-to-be husband. Like having two extra mouths to feed would be no big deal. Also, the author seems to be in love with Wyoming more than the idea of being a mail-order bride. I got a detailed description of the train depot in Cheyenne but it glossed over why a woman from Holland would decide to pick a Wyoming wheat farmer of all things to marry. The husband was just too perfect for me. Of course he's good looking and exceptionally kind and patient. But so much so that he's a total doormat. He decides to marry the woman anyway, without even getting upset he now has to support two other women. He forgives so easily after his wife's multiple deceits. He even overlooks the fact that neither of the three women knows how to cook or clean and proceeds to help them on top of his farm work. Yep, it's definately a work of fiction. While I wouldn't say it was bad, but it needs work.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deeply Devoted.