Sarah (Workaday Reads)'s Reviews > Fire Baptized

Fire Baptized by Kenya Wright

Mar 13, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read on February 26, 2012

This is a hot, action filled story that is definitely written for adults. There is a love triangle with two good guys with some serious heat appearing in several sex scenes. Both MeShack and Zulu have strong alphs male characteristics, but Lanore is strong and independent in her own right.

I found the world building was simplistically done, with details scattered throughout the story. I'd love to know more about how the caged cities originated, and the origins of the brands. More information about the history of the cities and the obviously violent history between the humans and the supernaturals would help to strengthen the world building.

The action was very heavy through the story, with few breaks. It was exciting and fast-paced, and yet the final battle seemed a little disappointing. It was too simple and too quick with no complications. I'm happy Lanore prevailed, but it seemed a little too easy compared to the rest of the story.

Overall, this was a unique story that delivered. It was exciting and hot, and a good start to a new series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire Baptized.