Patty's Reviews > The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Jan 23, 12

bookshelves: fiction, mystery
Read from January 04 to 13, 2012

I am not a huge mystery reader, but everyone had been telling me how good this book was, so I finally picked it up, and I really enjoyed reading it and I am already thinking about getting the next book in the series, and I am not very fond of reading a series of books.

I must admit I tried picking this book up several times, and would start reading the beginning and I just wasn't interested, so finally I made myself keep reading, and after I got through with all the background information then I got interested in the story. I do feel as if the beginning of this book could be reduced at least in half and that some parts could be eliminated completely, I just didn't see the need for all the background information on things that were of no consequence within the rest of the book. So if you are struggling with the beginning just keep going, it is worth it.

I know the movie is out now, and I would not like to see the movie at all. It is one thing for me to read about certain subjects, but to see the same subject played out in front of me is another matter altogether, so I have no interest in seeing this movie.
1 like · likeflag