Tabitha's Reviews > A Touch of Greek

A Touch of Greek by Tina Folsom

Apr 28, 12

Read on January 03, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

This review originally appeared at

Triton is the son of the Greek god Poseidon.When he is caught in bed with Zeus’s mistress, Zeus decides to punish him by taking away his powers and sending him to America. While in America he is supposed to find a woman and have her fall in love with him, not because of his good looks but because of his kindness and selflessness. The problem is Triton’s not supposed to have any help from his friends while he is on earth because they will be “rewarded” if they do, but that doesn’t stop his friends. Plus there are a few people that would like to see Triton fail because of things he has done in the past.

Sophia is an independent you woman who is in the process of turning her childhood home into a bed and breakfast. After an unfortunate accident she’s left virtually blind only being able to make out shapes of the things she’s looking at. Then she meets Trident who has managed to become her home health care worker and she soon finds herself falling in love with him. Since she’s blind the only thing that she knows about him is that he is an incredibly kind person.

This was the first Tina Folsom book I’ve read and I was really impressed. The characters she created were really likeable and the story was something that I’ve never read about. Triton was such a likeable character, I loved how we possessive over Sophia (not in a bad way). He was also really funny and sweet underneath his whole womanizer persona. Sophia was also a great character she had a lot of emotional baggage from her childhood and she has trouble letting people in her life because of how she’s been treated in the past. When Triton entered her life he helped her start to let go of her past and in return she helped him become a better person who can actually care for someone. The secondary characters of this book were great additions to the story. Tritons friends all added a certain humor and charm to the book which would have made the book less enjoyable had they not been in it.

Even though this was an amazing book there were a few things that I didn’t like. One of them was that Sophia’s best friend completely disappeared, but she wasn’t too important to the plot so it’s all good. This book had a lot of let’s call them “sexy scenes” they weren’t bad or anything just a little bit more then what I’m used to reading. The story was a bit cliche, but the author just made it work! I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a quick light read, it is a bit mature so be aware of that before reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Touch of Greek.