Shari's Reviews > Masque of the Red Death

Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

May 08, 12

bookshelves: arc-reading-challenge-2012, read-in-2012, reviewed, ya-reading-challenge-2012
Read from April 09 to 10, 2012

The description I found on Goodreads didn't have me completely sold on Masque of The Red Death but, the cover is so gorgeous (yeah I know) that I had to give it a try when I saw that it was going to be touring. I am SO SO glad that I was feeling tour happy that day because this book was frickin' wonderful! While this novel has some of the elements common to YA novels the plot was completely unique to me.

I'm having a difficult time figuring out just what it was that had me so completely engrossed in MotRD. I think I've finally decided that it was everything. The characters, the emotions, the writing, the plot, the love triangle, the evil prince, Araby's parents, the city, the clubs, truly it was everything! This book was written so perfectly that I felt like I was there in the book. I loved Bethany Griffin's writing style. I usually like a lot of dialog and not so much description but in the case of MotRD you had to have all of the description to get a feel for the utter despair and ruin of the city. Sometimes with that much description I find my mind wandering, that definitely wasn't happening while reading this one.

I don't want to talk about the story line to much because I want you to be as thrown as I was and I'm afraid I might give to much away if I talk to much about Araby and "the boys" so I will just leave you to discover and fall in love with them on your own.

This book was a super fast read for me that I never wanted to put down and when it ended I wasn't ready. Especially not with that ending. The next book will be one that I will be eagerly awaiting. Really eagerly is much to tame of a word to describe how much I am looking forward to the next book!
Full of mystery, conspiracy and intrigue this is a book in 2012 that you will not want to miss!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Masque of the Red Death.