Laurel's Reviews > The Strange Case of Origami Yoda

The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger

Jan 04, 12

bookshelves: elementary-age-books
Read in January, 2012

After recommending this book at the store to parents seeking the next thing after Diary of a Wimpy Kid, I decided I better read it. In my defense, I did have it highly recommended to me by my ten-year-old friend, a boy who loved D of a WK. So, James loaned me his copy and I polished it off in a few fun hours.

To my surprise, it's a romance (!)

Tommy decides to document all of the bizarre incidents that occur after a school-mate, the odd Dwight, makes and proceeds to wear an origami Yoda finger puppet. Yoda gives advice, sometimes even when Dwight hilariously tries to stop him - the puppet. But enough of the advice is accurate that Tommy wants to pose his own question - Will Sara dance with him if he asks her, or is he destined for a horrible embarrassment?

The kids are diverse and interesting, the cases are compelling and the cartoon drawings and variety of POVs make this a fun read. The kids are in 6th grade and mostly boys - appealing to 9 and up, I would say.

Looking forward to Tom Angleberger's sequel, Darth Paper.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Strange Case of Origami Yoda.