Wanda's Reviews > An Object of Beauty

F 50x66
Jan 05, 2012

bookshelves: owned-books, loaned-out
Read from January 03 to 05, 2012 — I own a copy

Lacey Yeager and Daniel Chester French Franks are young, art history majors beginning their careers in NYC. Lacey starts off in the bins at Sotheby's (equivalent to the mailroom). The novel is written from Daniel's perspective, like he is documenting Lacey's life. Lacey knows how to use her talents and her body to climb the ladders she needs to in order to achieve what she wants in life.

Martin does an excellent job of portraying the characters in "An Object of Beauty." I disliked Lacey and rooted for her all on the same page. Her charm, wit, and cunningness brings energy to the story and keeps you turning the pages to see what is next.

Additionally, the novel introduces you to art with its descriptions, artist bios, and actual pictures. His research was exemplary (I checked some of the statements he made).

This is my first Steve Martin read, but will not be my last. A very pleasurable, enlightening read, with enough depth that you feel the time spent reading "An Object of Beauty" was well-spent.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Object of Beauty.