Carrie's Reviews > A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table

A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg

Jan 04, 2012

bookshelves: memoir, essay, cooking, cookbook, recipes

This girl can write. I started reading her blog when it was just a brand new, baby blog. I was intrigued. I followed her story and sampled her recipes for several years (most notably, coconut banana bread and the shortbread waffles). Her recipes are fabulous, one really cannot go wrong. She knows what is good and what is not. What differentiates Molly from others of her ilk (bloggers turned writers) is that she really can write. She has a knack for giving the reader just enough, but never too much. Never enough to annoy--that is her gift. I believe she's about my age, and I would be lying if I said I'm not the slightest bit envious of her travels thus far. I am. I'm jealous. What I can appreciate about her is that she is truly gifted, and not just a blogger with an editor and a book deal. In addition to being a talented writer, she is a skillful photographer, as can be seen on her flickr page. I read this book non-stop until I was finished. It was that good. I wish her well, and look forward to another book in the future.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Homemade Life.