Ashley 's Reviews > Crescendo

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Jan 29, 15

bookshelves: paranormal, ya, angels-demons, 2012
Read from January 04 to 05, 2012

Okay okay okay!! Going through some other reviews, I realized I needed to write one myself. YES Nora has her fair share of 'stupid girl' moments. In this book. The often used story line of "If I had just come right out and asked you what was going on instead of thinking to much, then there wouldn't have been a problem" appears in this book.

BUT I don't think it was that detrimental to the story line. I equate this to New Moon (sorry Becca- I hate comparing stuff to the 'T" books but I think in this case its appropriate). For me, I needed Edward (Patch in this case) to leave (or be less than perfect) because it makes things a little more real. I wanted Bella to know that she could exist with out Edward just like Nora needed to know she could make it with out Patch. Because that makes the fact that they have each other a little more special (at least in my opinion)

I do think there was A LOT going on in this book. Between Patch and Marcie and Vee and her mom and dad and blah blah blah you could have probably had three more books.

I would also like to point out that this was a SEQUEL a building block to the real end of the story. Sequels are never known for their amazingness. EVER. EVER. Give this book a chance and see where the story goes from there.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crescendo.

Quotes Ashley Liked

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Patch stood over me, and a drop of rain slid from his hair, landing like ice on my collarbone. I felt it slide along my skin, disappearing beneath the neckline of my shirt. His eyes followed the raindrop, and I began to quiver on the inside.”
Becca Fitzpatrick, Crescendo

Becca Fitzpatrick
“I watched him pitch the ball at a table neatly lined with six bowling pins, my stomach giving a little flutter when his T-shirt crept up in the back, revealing a stripe of skin. I knew from experience that every inch of him was hard, defined muscle. His back was smooth and perfect too, the scars from when he’d fallen once again replaced with wings—wings I, and every other human, couldn’t see.

“Five dollars says you can’t do it again,” I said, coming up behind him.

Patch looked back and grinned. “I don’t want your money, Angel.”

“Hey now, kids, let’s keep this discussion PG-rated,” Rixon said.

“All three remaining pins,” I challenged Patch.

“What kind of prize are we talking about?” he asked.

“Bloody hell,” Rixon said. “Can’t this wait until you’re alone?”

Patch gave me a secret smile, then shifted his weight back, cradling the ball into his chest. He dropped his right shoulder, brought his arm around, and sent the ball flying forward as hard as he could. There was a loud crack! and the remaining three pins scattered off the table.

“Aye, now you’re in trouble, lass,” Rixon shouted at me over the commotion caused by a pocket of onlookers, who were clapping and whistling for Patch. Patch leaned back against the booth and arched his eyebrows at me. The gesture said it all: Pay up.

“You got lucky,” I said.

“I’m about to get lucky.”
Becca Fitzpatrick, Crescendo