Conny's Reviews > Changed Into His Image: God's Plan for Transforming Your Life

Changed Into His Image by Jim Berg

F_50x66
Jun 26, 08

A potentially "life changing" book! What is our goal as Christians???? To live a nice life here on earth & then go to heaven? - this book made me realize there is SO MUCH MORE to it than the here-and-now. Our pastor has often said, "God is more concerned about our character than our comfort; He cares more about our holiness than our happiness." Now, the strange - and wonderful - fact is that if we strive to be a holy Christian of character, we will find COMFORT in God and HAPPINESS in serving Him completely. The earthly things will not matter so much as we conform to HIS image, the very pattern of God. Unattainable - but something to strive for daily - to be LIKE JESUS, to surrendar all our earthly desires to His will. It is a life of sacrifice - and yet, a rich life of blessing because God provides all we NEED. HE is all we need. I could go on about the lessons I learned, the first being the concept of the "tea bag": Chrisians are like a tea bag; when we get into hot water, what is in us will come out...sadly, I've seen some ugly things come out of me! I need to be MORE changed. This book can not change you - but it can show you how GOD wants to change you, to live in His image.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Changed Into His Image.