Nora Balan's Reviews > Twelfth Night

Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare

F_50x66
Jan 04, 12

Twelfth Night was an amazing play. I assumed that becuase it was in Shakespearean language I would not have quite enjoyed it. But i was wrong, with the side notes I understood a lot. I loved how you could relate Twelfth Night with modern times, it was as if Shakespeare knew that even thousands of years later people would act very similar to how people acted in his time. I really enjoyed the motif of hunger Shakespeare constantly used, espeially to explain Orsino's infatuton with Olivia. I think it really showed how desperate he was to be in love. I also really like how the fool was the smartest person in the play, it is very ironic. It shocked me when Olivia claimed how she would not speak to any man becuase she was mourning her brother but as soon as Sebastian came into the picture she was automatically in love or actually she was infatuated. I believe that in this play most of the characters were obsessed with the thought of being in love so as soon as they thought they thought they had a chance at getting it they did not even think about it. Even Malvolio who was so stuck up was obsessed when he thought he had a chance with Olivia. Thus, Shakespeare play proves that in most situations people confuse falling in love with falling in lust.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twelfth Night.