Eastofoz's Reviews > Midnight Man

Midnight Man by Lisa Marie Rice

Feb 15, 09

bookshelves: romantic-suspense, erotica
Recommended to Eastofoz by: Auntee & Kathrynn
Recommended for: Readers looking for a protector kind of romance with rough and raw sex
Read in February, 2009

Pretty good overall. If you’re looking for one of those alpha hero special ops guys who protects the heroine at all costs this could interest you.

I generally liked the story, more towards the end though where the hero became more “human”. He’s a bit too animalistic for my taste which made the steam scenes too rough and raw at times---get out the fan for the wall scenes though (**whoaaaa**). He’s not an annoying uber-alpha but he has his “smack me one” moments. The heroine was a bit vapid and you didn’t really hear from her too much, but something about them together worked. Rice does a brilliant job with conveying colour —the heroine is an interior designer and this is woven well into the story.

The ending is very satisfying –sort of like a movie— but the book could have been a little longer. When all is said and done though Rice is an author I think I’ll try again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Man.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Auntee Yea! Wasn't sure if you were going to put up with this alpha guy--animalistic is a good word to describe there sex scenes!

Eastofoz Auntee I think if there was more of that animal-side to him I wouldn't have liked the book. Some of the sex was really like two animals in the wild going at it! At least he wasn't a Clint the Neanderthal --thank god! I loved the ending :D

Kathrynn The ending was so neat!

I'm glad you enjoyed it, East.

(Yeah, Auntee!)