Krista (CubicleBlindness Reviews)'s Reviews > Exiled

Exiled by M.R. Merrick

Sep 26, 12

Read from January 03 to 04, 2012

In all honesty here, I have read a lot of books this year with Demons and recently have found them all kind of mixing together in my head and not remembering much about them only weeks after reading the book.
This book however completely stood out on it's own and incredibly entertaining and memorable.
I had been hearing some good things about the book in some blogs, so I had it on my radar, it's a great price right now and jumped at the opportunity to review it. Needless to say when I started reading it I was unsure how it was going to turn out for me, but about halfway through is when I really knew it was going to get the 5 star rating and worth every penny in my opinion.
What I did like immediately from page one was that it's told from a male perspective. I am starting to appreciate this more and more as it is not so common in Young Adult books out there (I read mostly young adult books for review) I find a the male's perspective on things refreshing and different especially when it is written so well.
This book has great characters, they interacted well with each other, I also like a story with a great evil villain that really adds content that keeps me entertained and guessing at what will happen next. Also the mixture of characters and the world building and traveling was a unique mixture and really fit the story.
I don't know why I find it important to emphasize that the 2nd half of the book rocked! Once the characters were established and we get a feel for everything, it takes off into a crazy adventure and incredible fighting scenes. Rounded off nicely with a epilogue that is very fitting and not a cliffhanger! :)
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Exiled.

01/04/2012 page 195
68.0% "tons of action going on here"