Dayna Ingram's Reviews > A + E 4ever

A + E 4ever by I. Merey

Jan 04, 2012

bookshelves: graphic-novels, queer-fiction, strong-female-lead, reviewed
Read in January, 2012

I know I entered a giveaway for this, but I couldn't wait to read it. I know some readers find the back-of-the-book description to be misleading - Eu is NOT actually a lesbian. Though neither character really ever labels themselves, the only sexual relationships Eu has are with men, and Ash goes both ways.

Anyway. Just wanted to clarify.

I love the style of this book, how there aren't really panels and everything is kind of messy and raw. It seems both limiting and freeing at the same time, for the artist. There are some very beautiful sketches here, and the story itself made me nostalgic for a scene I was never really into. I felt for these characters, and the epilogue made me sad.

Also, Bukowski totally wrote the note, AMIRIGHT??

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A + E 4ever.

message 1: by I. (last edited Jan 24, 2012 01:32AM) (new)

I. Merey Teehee, I wrote the note.
[I is the voice of EU! :D]
But if it reminded you of Bukowski, that's coooooo....!
Thanks for your review, by the way <3

PS: IF I could get in a time-machine, I would totally give Eu a girl on girl scene. I don't know why I did not. Because I am a sadist? I do think she thinks of herself as a lesbian (albeit a crappy one)--haha, maybe another reason why Ash throws her so much, with his girlface and all. But I realize that is disappointing/misleading... :(

Dayna Ingram Ah, I understand that sexuality is a lot (a lot a lot) more complicated than a one-word label, BUT I just wanted to let girl-girl-action seekers know that's not what this book is about.

I am going to pretend you never said that about the note. No one can crush my dreams!

message 3: by I. (new)

I. Merey So now I gotta do TWO things with my time-machine:

1. Add girl + girl
2. Say 'Well, do you really want me to say who wrote it? :D'

[PS: It really is my one big regret with this book... ::sigh:: like I think... dude, no girl on girl... did I even WRITE this?? ::laughs:: oh well, book two....]

Dayna Ingram That's the spirit!