Jonetta's Reviews > Relic

Relic by Douglas Preston

Jan 24, 12

Read from January 03 to 20, 2012

Something sinister is about the Museum of Natural History in New York City. A major exhibition is scheduled to open but people are being gruesomely murdered in the museum and it isn't clear if it's by man or beast. FBI Agent Pendergast comes to investigate from his current base in Louisiana as he's seen something similar to this case a few years past.

There was quite a bit of history provided at the beginning of the story and I wasn't certain where it would lead. It was all very interesting and suddenly the story exploded. The second half of the book was fraught with tension and I couldn't walk away from it. I must say I was pleasantly surprised with this first book in the series as I wasn't sure if it was going to hold my interest. The characters were extremely well developed and interesting. Lastly, while the main story reaches a conclusion, there is a twist at the end that's intriguing enough for me to continue the series.

I highly recommend this for anyone who likes a good mystery that is ripe with suspense and intrigue.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Relic.

01/19/2012 "I'm o Halfway through the 7th disc of 11."
01/19/2012
60.0% "I'm halfway through the 7th disc of 11."

Jonetta Oh, no! I'm listening to it on audiobook and I haven't had much occasion to be in the car so it's when I'm cooking and cleaning primarily. I'm liking the story and am not quite halfway.